Revenge is Sweet

• Dedicated to Nicola Grogan

I don’t know about you guys but I’m really excited for this chapter!!

The whole gang was in the basement, Nikki and Hannah talked while the band wrote songs. Hannah was playing with her new hair and laughed at something Nikki said. Andy watched them and sighed. He was trying to finish writing a song but he got very easily distracted. Every time he would look over at her Ashley and Jinxx would grin at each other. CC laughed at Jake as he watched his own love a couple feet away from him.

As the band finished up Jake grabbed his long board and shouted, “Anyone coming?” Everyone shook their heads but Nikki replied “I would if I had my board.” She looked at Jake’s board in his hand wishing she had her board. “You can borrow mine!” CC said, pointing to his own in the closest by the front door. “Really?” she asked. He thought about it and said “go before I change my mind!” Everyone laughed as she ran to the closet and shoved her way past Jake and ran out the door.

Together they went down the road, racing each other to a non-existing finish line. Jake watched Nikki laugh as they went when he surprised both of them by saying “Will you go out with me?” Nikki whipped her head to face him.

Her board stopped but her body decided to keep going. She landed on new grass and heard her knees pop. “Shit!” She exclaimed. Jake pulled up beside her and worry and fear filled him. She held out her hands, keeping him back. “You may not want to watch this.” She warned him. He gave her a look of confusion and was about to ask her what she meant but she grabbed her knee caps, moved them around and heard a loud pop. When Jake heard that pop, the colour in his face left and his stomach jumped. Nikki looked up at him and laughed as he sat down. “I just dislocated my knees. It’s not that bad!” he gave her a look of pure shock. Nikki laughed and lay down on the grass. Jake continued to look at her like she was crazy. She rolled her eyes and explained “I dislocated them in hockey. I was goalie and I went down weird and they popped. I did dance too so I ended up ruining them more so I had to quit both.” She gave him a stupid smile.

 They laid on the grass and they listened to the noise around them. After a couple minutes Nikki broke the silence by saying “Yes.” Jake looked over at her confused. She giggled as she realized he didn’t know what she was talking about. “Your question when you decided to throw me off my board.” Jake thought and laughed. “I did not ‘throw’ you off the board.” They laughed and Jake finally realized what she meant. “Wait what?” Nikki leaned into him and whispered “Yes.” She kissed him on the cheek and got up. She slowly walked away as Jake sat there smiling like an idiot. He watched her walk away and he jumped up and swept her off her feet. And when I say that I really mean he swept her off her feet. He ran up to her and picked her up and carried her bridal style. She squealed and laughed. She wrapped her arms around his neck and snuggled up to him. “Can we go get food my dear boyfriend?” Jake looked down at her and the widest smile fought its way onto his face. He nodded and they ran down the street yelling at the top of their lungs.

Back at the house Hannah sat on the basement couch. Her birthday was in three days and she should be excited. She was turning 18 but she really wasn’t feeling it. She was reading Harry Potter when someone plopped on the couch right next to her. Someone else came over and sat on the arm rest and looked over her shoulder. A figure knelt on the floor and stared up at her. The last figure walked around the couch and placed his cheek right next to hers. She knew they were there but she continued to read. She felt all of their eyes burning through her. She finally sighed and closed her book. She looked at every one of their faces with a blank stare. She stopped at Andy who hadn’t moved his face away from hers. He was breathing pretty hard and stared straight ahead. Hannah turned her face and squished her face into his. She kissed his cheek and spassimed. She hit every one of them and she made sure she elbowed Jinxx in the balls and hit Ashley so he fell of the arm rest. CC jumped back and laughed as they rolled on the floor in pain. Hannah stopped moving, picked up her book and continued reading like nothing ever happened.

Andy sat on the floor laughing. He got an idea. He crawled over to Ashley and Jinxx and whispered something in his ear. They all looked at Hannah and smiled. They all walked over and CC joined in once he figured out what they had planned. Hannah had her eyes closed and didn’t expect a thing but she opened her eyes right as they all jumped on her and tickled her. She screamed and kicked out her legs and laughed.

 She got away and ran up stairs into her room and locked her door. The boys were pounding on her door. Hannah grabbed her laptop and played the video of Ashley in walmart all those months ago. She played it as loud as her laptop could go. They stopped pounding on the door as they listened through the door. Ashley started panicing and pounded on the door. “I’m opening Youtube!” she called out through the door. She sat on the floor, back against the door. “Hannah! You better not do what I think you’re doing!” Ash called out. “I’m going to new video and I’m placing the file in the upload option!” The pounding got harder and faster as Ashley freaked out even more. But Hannah wasn’t on Youtube. She was on Facebook playing Farmville. “It’s loading! It’s loading!” She yelled out as she harvested her wheat squares. “Hannah! Someone’s going to die tonight!” She closed Facebook and hid the USB stick that held the wonderful video and placed it in her bra drawer.

 She opened the door and saw Andy, CC and jinx rolling on the floor laughing their asses off as Ashley was on the floor in the fetal position. He rocked back and forth muttering to himself. He saw Hannah in the door way and his face paled. He ran downstairs where his computer sat and they all followed him to the kitchen. CC, Jinxx and Ashley huddled around the computer looking on Youtube looking for the video but Andy stood over by Hannah who was watching and couple feet away. She had an evil smile as she watched Ash panic.  But Andy knew her better. “You didn’t put the video up did you?” He asked so the boys wouldn’t hear him. Her smile grew bigger and nodded her head. Andy chuckled as he watched his friends look for the video that doesn’t exist on the internet.

Ashley gave up and placed his head in his hands and said “My life is over.” Hannah laughed and walked to pat him on the back. She went into the living room with Andy and watched her favourite movie The Lost Boys.  CC and Jinxx left Ashley in the kitchen and high-fived Hannah. They could hear Ash muttering to himself about how he would have to change his name and move to Mexico.

They all sat and watched the movie. They all rolled their eyes as Hannah fangirled over the young Kiefer Sutherland. But soon enough Hannah feel asleep and The boys took the time to talk about her birthday.

“Jinxx did the ticket come in yet?” He nodded. “I got them and they are all upstairs in my underwear drawer.”They all knew Hannah wouldn’t go anywhere near his underwear even if she had a yellow haz-mat suit on. “OK now I just have to go out and get the Nutella and everything is going to be perfect.” Andy confirmed. He was excited for Hannah’s birthday to come. He wanted it to be perfect. It had to be perfect.

Hours later Jake and Nikki come back holding hands just as Hannah finished making dinner. She saw them holding hands and nodded to Nikki. She went and got a chair while Hannah moved the island out of the middle of the room. Nikki lead Jake into the chair and Hannah found the duct tape from the junk drawer. Ash, Andy, Jinxx and CC stood from the sidelines as they watched Hannah duct tape Jake to the chair. Jake watched with fear in his eyes and confusion on his face. When she was done taping him to the chair, Nikki stood over by the lights and dimmed them.

Hannah walked around Jake and glared at him. “So I’m guessing you two are finally going out.” Jake nodded, too afraid to say anything. “While, as you know, I am her best friend and therefore I must cut the dicks off the boys who hurt her. But I know you’re not going to right?” Again he nodded and Hannah smiled. She stood in front of him and placed her hands on his knees and looked right in his eyes. “Jake Pitts. If I find out in anyway shape or form you have hurt my friend, I will personally cut your dick off and shove it down your throat. Then I will slit your throat, bathe in your blood and you will be damn sure I will enjoy every moment of it. Jake gluped and she could hear the boys jaws drop to the floor. Nikki brought the lights up and Hannah pulled Jake over to the dinner table while Nikki moved the island back. The girls brought the food over and sat down. The spectators slowly walked over and sat down. Jake was stunned as he was still taped to the chair. Hannah looked at Nikki and said “Congrats. Jake’s a really good kid.” Nikki said thanks and they both smiled and went back to their stir fry. That was the moment Jake was scared for his life.

I enjoyed this chapter. Was the whole “jake-asking-nikki-out-thing too fast and too happening? Well tell me and maybe I could fix it. And my homegirl. I know you’re going to read this so if its bad, please don’t hurt me.