We're going to be a family

“Do I like minivans?”

Hannah nodded and waited for an answer.

“No, not really. Too much space.”

CC watched Hannah’s face fall a little but she busied herself with setting the table. CC knew Hannah needed some help so he asked Andy, “You two are getting married right? Why don’t you guys get a nice little 2 bedroom house for your family?” Andy just looked at him like he was crazy. “And leave you guys alone? Hannah and I like it here. Plus it’s easier for band practices.”

‘That boy is a lot dumber than he looks.’ CC thought.

CC watched Hannah quickly whip a tear away. She thought no one noticed but he did. CC noticed that Ashley saw what she did. Ash opened his mouth to say something but CC beat him to it.

“Hey Ashley, come help me do something up stairs!” CC didn’t give him a chance to answer by grabbing his arm and throwing him up the stairs.

He pushed Ash into his own room and slammed the door. “What the hell man?” Ash yelled but CC hushed him.

“Shut up and listen for a sec. Hannah has some really big news and we don’t know how Andy’s going to react to it. I know that you know that Hannah’s upset. We don’t want to put her on the spot.”

Ash just stared at him. He had no idea what he was talking about. “On the spot about what? What happened?” Ash asked, voice raising.

“She’s pregnant.”

Ash froze. “Are you fucking with me again? It was funny the first time you did this.” His tone was quiet and deadly serious. CC just shook his head and watched his friend process the information. 

After a few moments, a dreamy look settled on his face. He smiled and looked at CC. “We’re going to be uncles!” CC laughed and nodded. “I know! That poor child. Andy has no idea. Hannah’s been trying to figure out if Andy even wants kids. So far it seems like it’s not going so well.”

Ashley nodded and a plan formed in his head. He motioned to CC to follow him back down stairs where everyone except Hannah were talking.

They all sat down and started eating. Ash cleared his throat. “Hannah, can I ask you something? In private? I need a girl opinion on something.” She nodded her head and stood from the table.

Ash followed her to the bathroom and shut the door. He turned to her with a huge smile on his face. “It’s true isn’t it?” She gave him a confused look. He rolled his eyes. “You’re pregnant.”

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. “CC told you?” He nodded his head. Before Hannah could get a word out, he scooped her up in his arms and hugged her. Hannah laughed and embraced him tightly.

They let go and Hannah asked, “How do I tell Andy?” Ash saw the worry and panic in her eyes. He on to her hands and told her his plan. She nodded and excitement filled her.

They left the bathroom and continued on like they never left. Andy gave her a questioning look but didn’t say anything about it. He didn’t notice Ash nodding at CC.

Throughout the dinner CC and Ashley left the table and planned out what they were going to do.

After dinner they were watching a movie when Jinxx and Ashley started wrestling on the floor. Jinxx must have hit him hard because Ash started “Crying” like a baby.

Andy got annoyed. “Ash can you not cry like that? It’s extremely annoying.”

Ashley stopped “crying” instantly and both him and CC looked at Hannah. She was staring at Andy with disbelief.