Chapter 14: Sorry

"Is she okay ?" Kid asked,looking at Stein as he walked outside. The twins were there also,and the whole group.

Blackstar was quiet. It was odd,because Patti also is. She looked serious than before. Kid slightly smiled,seeing how the whole group was worried for her.

"Well… She's fine,but she still can't walk. Having broken knees and legs won't let her." Stein sighed. Ameno frowned,sighing.

Tsubaki quickly noticed Ameno's frown. She smiled,putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't be sad,Ameno-kun. Like he said,she's fine. You don't have to worry that much." She said,slowly patting his back.

"But… It's my fault… I said those mean words to her… If I didn't,maybe—"

"She's right,Ameno. You didn't want this to happen,right ?" Maka smiled. "Besides,if you and Akeno didn't came,she's dead by now." Soul added.

"Her arms have some fractures as well. Sure,that kishin egg really slammed her hardly everywhere. Her wound isn't that deep,but I already stitched it up so it's fine. It's still sore though,so she still needs rest." Stein added.

Kid nodded,shoving his hands in his pockets. Stein sighed then started walking away. "She and her partners will be excused for classes since she's having an injury. If you all want to help to take care of her,just tell me." He paused.

"Can we see her ?" Ameno asked. "Yes." Stein said before leaving. Ameno quickly stood up,going inside.

"Look,we've been quite confused. Why did she left ?" Blackstar asked. Akeno sighed. "Ameno said something about her being no one special to tell him what he has to do. So she got upset. Of course,it's a girl's feelings. Then she left." Akeno explained.

"Then how did you found her ? Good thing you came in time…" Liz said. "Our mom said something about bad feelings. When you suddenly broke a picture frame and felt like something bad is about to happen,the person in the frame is in danger." Akeno said.

"Oh…" Liz nodded.

[Inside]

Chiisana was still sound asleep. Her hair was fuzzy,and she wasn't wearing her normal black and white dress. She was wearing another pair of pj's,but underneath is bottom body full of bandages. And her wound wrapped with bandages with a little stain of blood seen.

Ameno was staring at her for a while now. He was carrying all the guilt for this happening to his meister. He already knew this day might come,but he didn't expect it to end up like this.

"Chiisana…" He mumbled. "You know… I've been harsh to you since we became your weapons… But…" He paused,startled when he felt tears fall from his eyes.

He sighed,looking at her. "I'm really sorry…" He muttered,trying to wipe his tears away. "I promise,I won't treat you like that again…" He added,sniffing.

He tried to stop his own tears. But when he turns silent,her voice rings in his head again and again.

"Ever since we became partners,you always call me that way."

He looked down,fisting his own lap. For her,he was a cold-hearted scythe who doesn't even care for her. She doesn't even have a clue about his true feelings for her. She don't even expect him to feel that way.

He was staring at her face for a while now. Hoping she'll open her eyes and let her brown orbs shine again. But in her condition,he doesn't think she'll wake up this quick.

Suddenly,the door clicked. He blinked,looking at the door through the corner of his eyes.

"Ameno-kun ! Hey,is she— Hey… Are you crying ?" Akeno looked at him. He looked away then wiped his eyes,sighing.

"I don't cry,you idiot. I'm just watching over her so shut up." He grumbled. Akeno slightly smiled,patting his twin's head.

"It's fine. The others decided to go home cause it's already 11:50 in the night. You can cry. I'm the only one watching." Akeno smiled.

"I don't have to.." He sighed. Akeno just shrugged. "Okay okay. I'm not forcing you. Now… I'll sleep cause I'm tired. Do you wanna sleep here or stay next to her ?" Akeno blinked.

"Just shut up and sleep there." He sighed. "Hmph. You just don't want to admit that you want to stay with her." Akeno pouted before yawning. "Anyways. Good night !" He smiled,laying down on the sofa then slept.

Ameno just sighed. He yawned,laying his head on the bed. He closed his eyes,drifting into a deep sleep.