Chapter 24: Dance

Chiisana blinked,looking at him. "Hey." She smiled. "I never knew you were drinking wine." Kid said. "I never had a clue who owns the masks of the recent lovers I just talked to." Chiisana sighed. "Is that why you are drinking ?" Kid asked. "Kind of." Chiisana shrugged.

Kid smiled,then removed his mask. "I think fangirls won't see me here." Kid shrugged. "Oohhh… It's you ! Finally,I can talk to someone without a disguise !" Chiisana smiled. Kid chuckled. "Well,yeah." Kid shrugged again. "Back to the story. Fangirls ? You mean you have fangirls ?" She asked.

Kid sighed. "I'm hiding from them. I hate dancing with people I don't even know. They even made two 'Death the Kid' fanclubs so they can easily find me." Kid said. Chiisana laughed,seeing his hair. "Look,the stripes disappeared." She shrugged.

"I dyed them so no one can easily notice I'm Death the Kid." Kid said. "Cool." Chiisana said. "Well. Wanna play truth or dare ?" Kid asked. "Sure. You first." Chiisana smiled. "Okay. Truth or dare ?" Kid asked again.

"Dare." Chiisana answered. "I dare you to finish that bottle of wine before the night ends." Kid smirked. "Huh…? Uh… Okay… Fine…" She mumbled,pouring a whole glass into her glass then started drinking it.

Kid slightly laughed. "This really doesn't taste nice…" She mumbled. "It's fine." Kid laughed also. "My turn." Chiisana said. "Truth or dare ?" "Truth. I don't want to ruin the symmetry around…" He mumbled. Chiisana giggled.

"I won't let you cause I don't like to mess with the symmetry too." She smiled. "Okay. Do you like someone ?" She asked. "Well… I do…" Kid looked away with a slight blush. "Can you describe who ?" Chiisana blinked. "Sure."

"She's the girl from my past. Chiisana Lockheart. The girl with the same name as you." He shrugged. "We've been best of best friends when we were young,but she went missing when we needed to leave,so I didn't even had the chance to say goodbye." Kid sighed. Chiisana slightly nodded. "That's sad…" She sighed. "I hope you two see each other soon." She added with a smile.

"I have the feeling that it is you…"  Kid thought. He knew it since the first day they knew each other. Brown hair,brown eyes,bright smile,kind attitude… It sums up to her. But he just needs proof.

"Yeah…" He sighed. "Well… This night's something I can't forget. I never came into balls. Except this." Chiisana sighed. Kid just smiled. "Is that so ?" He laughed. "Yeah ! I hate wearing gowns and such…" Chiisana retorted. Kid chuckled.

Suddenly,the song 'Far too Long' by Nickelback played. Kid smiled,holding a hand out. "Wanna dance ?" He smiled. Chiisana laughed,then took his hand. "Sure." She replied. In all the dances she had today,she didn't know why but a dance with Kid made her nervous. The other two with hidden faces didn't made her feel something wierd. Just this one.

"Do you know how to dance…?" Kid asked,placing his hand around her waist as he held the other. "Two guys wearing masks thought me how… Especially the first one,the guy with a black suit. He tought me a lot about it." Chiisana smiled. Kid blinked. "That's Akeno…"  He thought.

"Well… What did he tought you ?" Kid asked. Chiisana placed her other hand on his shoulder. "Eye contact with your partner." She smiled,looking up at his golden eyes. Kid nodded,looking back at her brown ones. Their steps synchronized easily,as they both danced on the balcony peacefully.

"So… Tell me. Do you also like someone else…?" Kid asked. Chiisana sighed. "Actually,yes. But I think he likes someone else…" Chiisana shrugged. She was talking about the guy right in front of her. "Oh… Sad…" Kid frowned. "So no one of us three won…"  Kid thought.

"But it's fine. As long as he's happy." Chiisana smiled before they both spinned. Kid smiled also. "That's nice of you." He said with a slight chuckle. Chiisana nodded,continuing to dance.

Time went by fast. They didn't even noticed they both danced three songs already. 'Best friend' by Jason Chen is now playing. "I think this suits Maka and Soul…" Kid said. "Do they like each other ?" Chiisana asked. "Yep. But is too afraid to tell. They think they'll be rejected…" Kid sighed. Chiisana nodded. "Too bad…" Chiisana sighed.

Kid looked at the dance hall. He saw the others in their rightfull pairs. Maka and Soul,Blackstar and Tsubaki,Akeno with… Patti ? And Ameno with Liz. "I didn't know,my twins likes yours." Kid laughed.

"Well… They all look cute." Chiisana smiled. "What ? Do you think we don't ?" Kid chuckled,dragging her with him as he went inside. "Well… I don't know…" Chiisana shrugged. "Nice moves,Kid !" Soul cheered from a distance. His mask was slightly raised. "Shut up,idiot." He laughed. Chiisana just giggled.

Everyone continued to dance. But a lot was looking at Chiisana and Kid. Some are jealous. Some are happy for them. And some are quiet upset. "I hate this…" Chiisana sighed. Kid blinked. "Why ?" He asked. "Almost everyone is watching us…" Chiisana mumbled. Kid smiled,removing his hand from her waist then slightly moving her hair away from her eyes. "You deserve it. You look really good today." He smiled. Chiisana slightly blushed,but shrugged it off.

The music suddenly stopped. Kid and Chiisana blinked. "Oh… It seems like it's done…" Kid sighed,letting go of her. Chiisana sighed. "Yeah." She agreed. They both looked up at the stage,seeing the Death scythes. "Okay ! This ball won't end without rewards. Of course,you made efforts to look good tonight. So we made awards. And it'll add grades so it'll be helpful." Marie announced. Everyone looked at the stage.

"So… Our best couple for tonight is…" Marie paused as a drumroll was heard. Everyone waited patiently.

"Death the Kid and Chiisana !"