Chapter 30: Promise

"Aish… Ameno-kun,Akeno-kun ! Get up !" Chiisana yelled,kicking their door open. Ameno sat up,obviously disturbed. "What the hell ?!" Ameno grumbled. Akeno just groaned,then covered his whole body up with his blanket,which was green. "I-it's cold…" He mumbled. Chiisana blinked,then went over to him. "Cold ? But it's summer season. It can't be cold in the morning…" Chiisana sighed,then laid a hand on his forehead.

"Akeno ! You're burning !" She worriedly said. Akeno sighed,then smiled. "I-it's fine… Go to school with Ameno-kun…" He gave off a goofy grin. "Look,you're a dumbass,but are you sure you'll be fine ?" Ameno asked,standing up. "I'm older than you so shut up…" Akeno huffed. "It's just 8 seconds. So you shut up." Ameno said back. Chiisana sighed. "Go get ready. I'll try to take care of him while you're getting ready. Then you'll do the same while I do." She instructed. "At least,we can take care of you for just a short time so you won't have to do a lot of stuff." Chiisana smiled.

"Uhm… Guys ? The bathroom's unoccupied." Kaide peeked,looking at them. "Yeah yeah. Going." Ameno stood up,then grabbed a towel,going outside. "Thanks,Chii." Akeno slightly smiled.

~~~~~~~

"How boring…" Chiisana sighed. "Kid's on a mission,together with Maka and the others… Then Kaide's training with Aihara…" Chiisana mumbled. "Then let's go to a mission as well !" Ameno chuckled.

Chiisana quickly stood up. "Hell no." She stated. Ameno blinked,then remembered about the symmetry. "Oh… Okay,I know." Ameno chuckled,thinking of an idea. "Let's get this hidden feelings revealed." He thought. Chiisana looked at him. "I'll treat you for lunch at Deathbucks cafe. What do you say ?" He smirked.

"Huh ? But Akeno's sick… We should go home early." Chiisana blinked. Ameno just grinned. "I said lunch. Not dinner." He shrugged then gazed to the blackboard. Chiisana just laughed. "Sure."

~~~~~

"So… Why treat me out ?" Chiisana asked,taking a sip from her juice. Ameno sighed. "You said you were bored. Plus,I'd like to have some bonding time with you. You and Akeno are so close… I'm being left behind." He shrugged. Chiisana smiled,then nodded. "Yeah. Good thing you thought about that…"

"So… Tell me more about yourself." Chiisana said. Ameno smiled. "You already know a lot about me." He laughed. "Psh. I'll start." Chiisana sighed. "Well… I can play drums." She shrugged. Ameno smiled. "Really ? Well,I can play a guitar." He chuckled. "Every guy does." Chiisana blinked. "No. Akeno doesn't know how." He laughed. "I heard that the teacher for the next subject's absent. Maybe we can go to the music room later ?" She smiled. Ameno chuckled. "Why not ?"

"Okay. Enough music. Your past. Tell me about it." Chiisana rested her chin on her palm. "Past… Hmm…" Ameno paused. "It's an accident… But I almost killed someone before." He shrugged. Chiisana looked surprised. "Really ? Why ?" She asked.

"I don't know… I just have this girl I like before. But then her boyfriend cheated on her. So I got mad,then almost killed him because of anger." He shrugged again. Chiisana laughed. "I bet that girl's lucky. What's her name ?" She asked. "Cyrene. But… That's in the past. I love someone else now…" He sighed. "Really ? Who ?" Chiisana asked again.

Ameno froze. Who won't ? The girl he loves is asking him who he loves. "U-uh… Well… I'll keep it as a secret…" Ameno sighed. Chiisana blinked. "Oh ? Okay." She shrugged. He just nodded,then continued eating. When they got done,they went back to school and went to the music room,as planned.

"Drums are useless without a band. So let me see you play !" Chiisana smiled,handing a guitar to him. Ameno sighed,then took it. "Fine." He mumbled. "Sing also !" She smiled,sitting on the floor. Ameno just shrugged. He started strumming,Chiisana watching with an amazed face.

He suddenly stopped,sighing. Chiisana looked confused. "What's wrong ?" She asked. "Uhm… Can I just skip ? I don't feel like playing…" He mumbled. "Oh…? Well,okay." She smiled. "It's hot in here…" Chiisana sighed. "Let's go to the garden." Ameno smiled,holding his hand out. Chiisana giggled then nodded,taking his hand. "Sure."

They went to the garden,Chiisana sitting on a rock under a tree. Ameno sat on the grass,under the same tree as her. "Uhm… Chiisana…" Ameno looked at her. Chiisana looked at him. "Yes ?" She asked.

"Promise me,you'll make me and Akeno deathscythes,okay ?" He smiled. Chiisana laughed. "Of course ! I promise you." She smiled. Ameno nodded. "Thanks." He chuckled. "No problem." Chiisana patted his head.