Chapter 16: Urgent

[Meanwhile…]

Ameno sat on the school's balcony railings,sighing. He watched the sky and the laughing sun,sighing. He was feeling guilty again. He never felt this way since the last 7 years. The time when him and Akeno's family got killed. He looked down,sighing.

"She's not any special girl. Why the hell am feeling like this…? She's a symmetry freak,she's a dumb reckless girl… She's not that important…" He mumbled.

"But you love her,right ?" Ameno looked shocked as he looked back. He saw Maka,smiling. "Can I sit beside you ?" She politely asked. "S-sure…" He mumbled.

Maka took a deep sigh,before looking at him. "Ameno,look. I know we're not that close. But hey,I think I know how you feel." She smiled. Ameno looked back at her with a plain expression.

"You in love with your partner ?" He grumbled. Maka looked shocked,then laughed. "So you're in love with Chiisana." She snickered.

"Psh. I am. Now shut up. Cause if everyone knows,I'll kick you and Akeno's ass." He sighed. She nodded. "Yep." She smiled. "Now… Back to the subject. I'm not in love with Soul. I just see him as a best friend." She smiled.

"But I know how you feel guilty about Chiisana's condition right now." She added. Ameno looked surprised,glancing at her. "You do…?" He asked.

Maka nodded. "Soul and I tried fighting Crona once. Well,that's when she's still under Medusa's control. We were trapped inside,and the doors won't open if you don't pull it inwards. Soul and I were stuck leaning against the door. Soul instructed me to block,but I didn't cause it'll damage him. When Crona attacked,he changed back to his human form then took the attack for me." She sighed. Ameno looked confused.

"It's far from what happened to you and Chiisana,but I know you feel guilty like how I did. For us,he took the attack. But you two,you did a mistake. Mistake that led your meister into that danger." She explained.

Ameno slightly nodded. Maka patted his head,smiling. "Back then,Soul was happy because he took the attack for me. But he doesn't like seeing me sad and feeling guilty about it. So I'm sure Chiisana feels the same way." She giggled.

"You just have to change. It's obvious that between you three,Chiisana and you are distant. Your souls will continue to dis-align if you continue on treating her like trash. And worse things will come." Maka stood up,starting to walk away.

"So go back and say sorry for it. And stop feeling guilty cause I know it hurts her too." She paused then turned back,looking at him again. "And try showing her you love her !" She laughed then ran off. Ameno was completely silent,looking at her as she disappeared.

He stood up then shoved his hands in his pockets,laughing to himself. "She has a point. I'll thank her later." He thought before going back to Chiisana's room.

Chiisana was asleep. Akeno was beside her,sighing. "Hey." Akeno looked at him. "Hey. What's up ?" Ameno blinked,looking at him. "Nothing. She's just asleep." Akeno smiled,standing up.

"Aish. I have to go back home and take some of her clothes." Akeno grinned,laughing. "You perverted brat." Ameno sighed. "Well,we don't have another choice ! We're both boys." Akeno laughed,going outside.

"Don't say rude things to her when she wakes,'kay ? I'll kill you if you do." He chuckled. "I'll be back." He said,exiting the room. "Oh,and Kid's in there !" He yelled from outside. "Hmph. He's not fit in being 8 seconds older than me." He grumbled,sitting beside Chiisana.

Chiisana was sleeping in a still position. Her hands were on her lap,and her hair was braided.

Suddenly,the door in the bathroom opened,revealing Kid. "Oh… Ameno-kun,right ?" Kid smiled,shoving his hands in his pockets. Ameno glared at him,raising an eyebrow. "Why the hell are you here ?" He grumbled.

"I'm taking a visit. Chiisana's a friend of mine,you know." Kid sighed. Ameno scoffed. "Shut up. You just like my meister." He thought.

"Is something… Wrong ?" Kid blinked. "No. Nothing." Ameno grumbled. Kid just shrugged. He sat on the other side of Chiisana,watching her sleep.

[Meanwhile…] (again xD)

Akeno hummed as he went back to their house. Apartment,to be exact. He was a meter away from their door when he heard a loud chuckle. A witch's chuckle.

He turned around,keeping his guard up. A familiar girl with a wierd hood and short blond hair. "So… You're one of my old experiment's scythes. Akeno Watanabe,right…?" She held up a huge,devious grin. Akeno gritted his teeth,changing his arm as a scythe blade.

"What the hell do you want… Medusa…" He glared,clenching his fist. "Nothing. From you." She grinned. "Tell me where your meister is." She said in a low voice.

Akeno smirked. "Do you think I'm an idiot ? I won't let you get her." He glared,his icy blue eyes staring deadly at her. "Really,huh ?" She laughed. "If she's not here,then she's in the DWMA… Thank you,Akeno-kun." She winked,riding her broom then riding off.

Akeno gritted his teeth then changed his arm back,running fast to the school. "I can't let her touch Chiisana !" He thought. Imagining a thought of Medusa trying to get her again gives him worries.

He sprinted to the infirmary,going to Chiisana's spot. He slammed the door open then panted,holding the door frame. "Akeno ? Are you okay ?" Chiisana asked. Kid and Ameno looked at him.

"We need to get you out of here. Medusa's chasing you !" He caught his breath,saying it.