Chapter 17: get-to-know-each-other game

"What ?!" Chiisana looked shocked. "B-but—" "In my house ! Medusa won't suspect me !" Kid suggested,picking her up. "We'll just follow. Akeno and I will try to hold her back." Ameno said,changing into his scythe form. Akeno caught him,going outside. "Go !" Akeno yelled.

Kid nodded,starting to run to the school's exit. "Kid…" Chiisana frowned,trying to look back. "I'll call Blackstar and the others to help them. As for now,I have to keep you safe." Kid said,sprinting to the exit. He summoned his beelzebub then started flying to his house.

[With the others]

"I can see Kid flying off. Chii's fine for now." Akeno sighed. "Good." Ameno said. They sprinted to the entrance,seeing Medusa still on the broomstick. "I see… You're fast enough to save your meister." She said with a devious grin.

Akeno clutched the scythe tightly,glaring. "If I have to kill you,I will. Just to keep Chiisana out of your hold !" He yelled. "Come on,she's my adopted daughter since she was 5. Bad thing,she doesn't remember her real past." She chuckled. Akeno narrowed his eyes. "Real… Past…? You mean you stole her from her real family ?!" Akeno said.

"Isn't it obvious ?" She chuckled. "Anyways,that's enough information." She said then flew away with her broomstick. Akeno and Ameno looked at each other. "Should we tell her ?" Akeno asked. "Of course. She needs to." Ameno answered. They sighed,Akeno letting his twin brother trasform back then started walking.

[Meanwhile… again.]

Chiisana sighed,taking her phone. She answered Akeno's call. "Hello ? Are you two okay ? Where are you ?" She asked. Akeno chuckled. "Calm down,Chii. We're fine. Can you tell the way to Kid's house ?" He asked. "I dunno. I'll just give this to Kid." She smiled. Kid just got back,holding two galons of ice cream.

"Yeah ?" He blinked,setting the ice cream down on the table as he took Chiisana's phone. "Which way should we go ?" Akeno asked. "Take a left,then go straight ahead until you see a symmetrical mansion. That's it." Kid laughed. "Okay,thanks. See you two later !" Akeno said then ended the call.

"I'm glad they're fine." Chiisana smiled. "Same here." Kid chuckled. He took two spoons then started eating the ice cream. "So… Wanna play the get-to-know-each-other game while waiting ?" He smiled. "Sure." Chiisana smiled back.

"Hmmm… I'll go first. What's your favorite color ?" Kid asked. "Yellow. And a bit of Black." Chiisana replied. "Cool. I like black too." He chuckled,taking a spoonful of ice cream and eating it.

"My turn. Tell me about your past." Chiisana smiled. "Well… It was normal. I get to play outside every time. But… There's a girl I met when I got lost around." Kid shrugged. "Really ? What does she look like ?" Chiisana smiled. "Brown eyes,pigtailed hair,white and yellow dress. That's her usual attire. She has the same name as you." Kid smiled. "Oh ?" She blinked. Kid nodded.

"Well… One time when I went to their house,police cars were everywhere. And they reported that she was missing. Kidnapped,I guess." Kid said. "Huh ? Did she got back ?" Chiisana asked. "Well… I don't know. Cause the next day,father and I had to leave and move here. Death City." Kid shrugged. "Aww… How sad." Chiisana sighed.

"Well,it's fine though." Kid said. "Now,my turn. Tell me about your past also." Kid smiled. Chiisana sighed. "Well. All I remember is I was under Medusa's care since I was a baby. Then when I got 15,I finally had the chance to escape. Then the time comes when Akeno and Ameno met me. Then became partners." She explained. "Oh… Sorry to get that up." "It's fine."

Suddenly,there was a knock. Kid stood up then opened it. Chiisana sighed,taking spoons of ice cream then eating it. "Phew. Your house is soooooooooooo hard to find ! There are a lot of symmetrical houses !" Akeno sighed. "I said mansion,not house." Kid laughed.

"Well,let's forget that." Ameno shrugged. "Chii,after you recover,we have to find about your real past." Ameno said. Chiisana blinked. "What are you talking about ?" She asked. "You have a real family. You're not really under Medusa's care since you were a baby. It's false memory." Ameno sighed.

"What ?" Kid looked surprised. "Let's do it. Now." Chiisana grabbed Kid's hand,pulling herself up. Her legs started to wobble,holding onto Kid's shoulder for support. Kid placed his arm behind her back then held her waist,grabbing her arm and placing it around his neck.

"You still can't walk properly. But it's something. That you can stand with broken knees." Akeno shrugged. "Shut up." Chiisana grunted. "Here. Wear this." Kid sighed then sat her down,then removed his rings. "They help me recover faster than normal people." Kid smiled. The twins slightly glared at him. "Hmph. Taking chances." They both thought.

Chiisana smiled,taking the rings. "Thank you." She smiled,wearing both in her ring fingers. "As for now,you have to sleep." Akeno shrugged. "Dang it. Sleep again ? It's still 2:00 in the afternoon !" Chiisana grumbled. "Psh. Your fault of storming outside." Ameno sighed,picking her up. "Where's the room ?" He asked Kid.

"Take the guest room in the left. That's hers. You both in the right." Kid said. Ameno nodded then started walking. He went inside then placed Chiisana on the bed,sighing. "Sleep or I'll knock the lights out of you." He mumbled,going to the door. Chiisana blinked,suddenly remembering what Akeno told her. About his past and why he's acting all quiet.

"Uhm… Can you stay for a while ?" She asked. Ameno paused,then looked at her with an eyebrow raised. "What ? You afraid of monsters ?" He grumbled,annoyed.

"Well… No. I just want to talk about you and your past."