Chapter 15: Back story

[Morning]

Chiisana squinted,looking at the whole room. It was morning and the sun rays disturbed her sleep. She took glances around,and she was surprised by what she saw.

"Ameno…kun…?"

She blinked,looking at her asleep weapon. Her voice was still rough,and her throat was dry. He was holding her hand. She had a slight blush,but she just brushed it off.

She coughed,looking at him. Ameno suddenly woke up because of her voice,sitting up straight. He quickly took his hand off,looking at her.

"Hey… Are you okay ?" He asked. Chiisana looked at him,slightly smiling. "Y-yeah…" She grumbled. He stood up then gave her a bottle of water. "Here." He sighed. She took it then quickly drank,sighing also.

"Thank you." She smiled. "It's nothing…" Ameno looked away before sitting again. "So… What happened while I was out…?" Chiisana asked.

"Stein said you have a lot of bone fractures… Well,your knees and legs are broken so you won't be able to walk for a long time… It still has to be healed. As of your wound,it wasn't that deep so it's fine…" He explained.

"Oh… That explains why I'm stuck with these bandages…" She sighed,touching them. "Don't remove them." Ameno sighed. Chiisana smiled then shook her head.

"They're just fractures. Bandages won't help. So it's fine if I remove this." She carefully removed the bandages,only to show some of her bruises and cuts.

Ameno's eyes widened,scanning her arms. Her bone fractures aren't that obvious,but that kishin egg did serious damage. His guilt shattered him again. Flashbacks of what he said before came back to his mind. He looked away,clutching his own pants. Chiisana looked at him,blinking.

"I… I'll just… Uhm… I'll just go outside…" He mumbled before standing up and drifting outside,poking Akeno to wake up.

Chiisana watched him,confused. Akeno yawned then sat up,looking at her. "Hey Chii." He rubbed his eyes,going to her. "Where's Ameno ?" He asked.

"He just drifted outside after waking you up…" She answered. "Oh… We— hey ! Why did you remove the bandages ?" He looked at her arms,seeing the bruises and cuts.

"Well… My fractures aren't that obvious… And bandages are useless cause it won't hold my bones in place,so I removed it. I'm still feeling pains from my lower arm though… But it's fine." Chiisana smiled. Akeno smiled,slightly nodding. "I get it now."

"Get what ?" She asked. "He felt guilty… Look,he was the first one who entered here when Stein said we can see you. I don't really know what happened,but when the rest of them went home… I came in." Akeno sighed.

"And then ?" She blinked. "I saw him looking down right beside you. It's not clear,but I know I saw tears from him. He quickly rubbed his eyes then denied it when I asked him.." Akeno explained.

Chiisana looked startled. She can't believe he was like that when she's asleep. She never expected it to happen. "He cares for you,Chiisana-san. He does more than you can ever think of." He smiled.

"Help me stand up." She commanded. Akeno looked shocked. "B-but,Chiisana—" "I'm your meister,Akeno. Do it." She said with a strict voice.

"Your knees are broken ! You can't walk at the moment !" He sighed. She just sighed,looking down. "Fine." She huffed. Akeno patted her head. "Good girl." He stood up,grabbing a comb and an elastic.

"Your hair is fuzzy. And since you can't comb it,I'll do it." He grinned. Chiisana smiled. "Thanks."

Akeno laughed. "It's nothing." He sat beside her then started combing her hair. "How did you learn girl things ? Are you gay ?" She laughed. Akeno glared,pouting.

"Hell no ! I just used to play with my sister's hair,you midget !" He grumbled. "Sister ? You have one ?" She blinked.

"Yep. But she died when she was 10…" Akeno sighed. "Uhm… Can I ask why…?" She blinked. "Family accident. Ameno and I came from school when we went back home in almost 8:00 pm. Then when we came in,everyone's dead. Our parents and her,Sora. My sister." He sighed.

"Did the criminal get jailed ?" She asked. Akeno shook his head. "Nope. The case remained unsolved. And that's also why Ameno's attitude is like that. Believe me,he's joyful like me before…" He sighed.

"Oh…" She sighed. "Wait… Highschool's until 5:00 or something,right ? Why did you went home in 8:00 ?" She asked. "Ameno and his friends secretly hanged out. Ameno told me to join in so I had no choice. That's why." He explained. "He felt guilty for their death. So he turned like that. I think he's feeling the same now…" He sighed.

"Oh… So that's the story…" She grumbled. "Now that you understand why,let's get your hair tied. You look like a mess." He chuckled,taking her hair. He started braiding it,then used the elastic to keep it still.

"There. You look much nicer now." He smiled. The braid reached her waistline,some of her bangs set aside. "Thanks." She smiled.

"Welcome." He chuckled.

Suddenly,they heard a knock. Akeno stood up then opened it. "Hey,Akeno." The guy said.

"Hey Kid."