Last Chapter: Replacement

Kid was sprinting in the hallways,having a worried look in his face. He was bumping into people,but his mind is crowded with images of what could've happened to you already. "Damn it…" He mumbled,turning to a corner.

After minutes,he finally reached the school's entrance. He ran outside,passing by a girl with brown hair and a fluffy black and white dress,partnered with boots. He took the first step,but stopped suddenly with wide eyes. "Is that…" His eyebrows furrowed,before turning around.

"Chiisana…?"

The girl stopped walking,letting Kid walk over to her. Kid placed a hand on her shoulder. "Hey. Why are you here ? You're supposed to be taking your leave back to your place…" He mumbled. Chiisana sighed,then turned to him with a smile. "Nah. I can't. I have to study hard." She said with a cheerful voice then started walking. Kid knew that voice is fake,so he followed her with a sigh. "Chiisana,stop fooling yourself. Your… Partners just died… You're not able to come here with a smile.." He said,taking her hand and stopping her. Chiisana stopped,not turning around.

"Kid… Let go of my hand…" She mumbled. Kid sighed,pulling her close and making her face him. Chiisana looked away,sighing. "I'm perfectly fine… Let me—"

"By the way you cried out yourself last night ? I don't think so. Chiisana,those twins were your family before you found Kaide and the others. You won't be perfectly fine knowing you won't see them again…" Kid interrupted,gripping her shoulders. "Pretending won't take you anywhere…"

"Kid… Just… Stop.. Please.."

Chiisana looked down,tears forming in her eyes. She soon gave up,leaning against him and crying her eyes out. Kid just watched,his arms finding their way and giving her a light hug and a pat on her back. "I-it wasn't fair… Why do they have to die… I-I can't think of a reason why they should… T-they were so nice… W-why…" She mumbled,her voice cracking in the middle of her sniffles and breath intakes.

"You know… I think it's my fault sometimes…" Chiisana looked up at Kid,confused with his statement. "Huh…?" She muttered. Kid sighed. "If I didn't take you out that day,I'm sure you had them and they didn't have to get their lives ended…"

"Kid… Don't say that… I-it's not your fault.."

Kid smiled,taking a handkerchief from his pocket and using it to wipe her tears. "Once you stop blaming yourself,I'll stop too."

Chiisana looked at him,then sighed. "I can't promise…" She mumbled. Kid lightly chuckled. "Okay. So… Because it's still somehow my fault,I'll have to fill up that empty space in you where Ameno and Akeno-kun rested before…" He smiled. Chiisana blinked. "Huh…?" Was all she can say.

Kid raised her chin up gently,fixing her hair first to make it symmetrical. Chiisana just stood still,letting him. After he got done,he smiled,placing a kiss right on her lips.

Chiisana looked startled,eyes wide and not expecting it. Earlier,she was thinking of her idiotic but happy times with the twins and was feeling so depressed about it. But at the moment,her feelings turned upside down. She was feeling happy,but she never knew why. Still,she's still wondering why an elegant son of a reaper would kiss her. On her lips. Right in front of the whole school.

After exactly 8 seconds,Kid pulled away,taking her hands. "K-kid… Why did you…" Chiisana asked,but Kid just chuckled. "I said I'll fill the empty space in you,right ?" He smiled. Chiisana just gave a slight nod. Kid chuckled,poking her nose.

"Here it goes. I love you,Chiisana Lockheart."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Aww. I feel like the ending was corny :/ xD Still,yay ! It's done ! xD After a long time I didn't update this… xD I felt like no one was reading so I didn't bother finishing. But I figured out that there are readers of this so… Yeah xD

Thanks for the support !

~Author-chan ! ^~^v