Chapter 38: Attempt ?

Kid sighed,going inside the classroom with his weapons. He noticed the three empty seats near him,making him frown at the memory.

"Hey Kid." Blackstar took the other three's attention as he greeted in a plain way. Kid looked at them. "Oh.. Hey." He answered. "We heard about what happened last night…" Tsubaki stood up. "I'm sure Chiisana's so depressed about it…" Maka sighed. Soul just agreed. "Too bad… Akeno was so kind…" Patty sighed. Liz nodded. "And Ameno is nice too.." Liz said. Kid just rested his chin on his palm,then stared at the empty seats. When he did,he felt something inside him that made him feel nervous. Liz noticed his stare,making her walk over to him. "You're with her,right ?" She asked. Kid looked up at her,then nodded. "She was so happy earlier that time… Then Life became a stupid b*tch,always giving happy moments a consequence after…" He sighed. Tsubaki smiled,having an idea. "Well… Let's try to cheer her up then. We're still here,it's not like she lost all of us." She suggested.

Maka was about to speak when Kaide ran over to them,blinking. "Oi. Anyone of you know what happened to Chii ? She seemed so upset when she went to my place to sleep.." He asked,then his gaze landed at Kid. "Did you made her upset ?" He asked,strict. Kid shook his head,pointing at the others. "Ask them,please.." He sighed. Blackstar crossed his arms,before sighing. "Kid and Chiisana were having a small fun time and when Kid brought her back to her home,the twins were struggling to live already.." He explained with a dim voice. Maka nodded,sighing. "Kid said they were still able to bring them to Stein,but it was too late… So… They…"

"Died…?"

Kaide asked with a frown. They all gave a nod. Kaide sighed. "Too bad.. I was planning to hang out with them…"

"They've been great friends too." Blackstar agreed,leaning against Kid's desk. Suddenly,Kaide paused for a while,then his eyes went wide,feeling worry wave through him. Kid noticed,looking at him. "What's wrong ?" He asked. Kaide clenched fists. "Chiisana… What if she does something nasty to her ?" He mumbled. Everyone looked confused. "Nasty ?" Liz asked. Kaide nodded. "I know her even though she was taken from us back then. She tried hurting herself with a pencil when she was young because mom scolded her a lot…" He mumbled. "Good thing it was just a pencil… But now that she's older and not a 5-year-old…"

Kid gasped,standing up in a jolt. "Sh*t !" He dashed off hurriedly,the remaining 7 watching him sprint. "Hey wait !" Maka yelled,standing up. Kaide just sighed,then smiled. He stopped Maka and the others,shoving his hands in his pockets.

"It's okay. Kid is the only one who can calm her down for now.."