Chapter 22: First dance,first confession

Kid was walking to the dance hall,together with Akeno and Ameno. "Okay. First one to find her will be her first dance." Akeno stated. "Deal." Ameno and Kid said,entering the dance hall. There were people around,and music was playing. Kid was wearing a white suit,buttons neatly done and white slax and black shoes. He dyed his hair fully black so his so called 'Fan girls' won't recognize him. The color was washable,so he was upset so he can't be symmetrical always.

Akeno was wearing a black suit,and Ameno was wearing a blue one. Soul was wearing his suit with those white,thin stripes. And Blackstar finally was wearing a a nice suit.

"Good luck finding your girls,buds." Soul chuckled. "So unfair… Maka's always in pigtails so it's easy for you !" Blackstar retorted. "Well… Tsubaki has a bun or something near a ponytail. You'll find her." Soul chuckled. "The thing is,who from those three will find Chiisana first." Soul looked at Kid and the male twins. "Hmph. I know her voice." Akeno said. "Well,I know what her favorite color is." Ameno smirked. "I know she's simple." Kid said then started walking. "Boom." Soul blinked. "Nice line." Blackstar chuckled. "Psh. I'll find her." The twins said as they left. "See ya later." Soul bro-fisted with Blackstar as they went around to see if they can find their girls.

The girls already left the tables. Chiisana sighed,looking around. She was wearing the gown they bought for her,then they pulled her long hair into a bun. "I guess I'll just stay in the balcony…" She mumbled. She started walking when she bumped into someone. "Ah… Sorry…" She sighed. "Chiisana-san ?" The boy with a black suit asked from under his mask. "Uhm… I can't tell you…" Chiisana slightly laughed. "The mask will be useless." She giggled. The male blushed at the sight. It was Akeno,but his face was hidden because of the mask he was wearing. "Okay. But I know it's you." He smiled. "Aww… I don't have a clue of who you are…" Chiisana pouted. He laughed. "Let's just say I'm one of your lovers." He said. Chiisana blinked. "Lovers…?" She asked. "I love you ever since I met you… But the bad thing is,I'm still not ready to let you know… Personally…" He sighed. Chiisana looked quite startled for a while,but she smiled.

"You know,you're clever to think of this way of telling how you feel. I never saw this scene anywhere." She giggled. "There… Continue smiling. Good thing your eyes were the only part of your face covered… I can still see your smile." He chuckled. Chiisana slightly blushed. "Thanks…" She said. They both went to the balcony,looking around the city. "It's so nice here…" She smiled. "Yeah…" Akeno agreed.

Suddenly,the speaker played a slow song. He grabbed Chiisana's hands,placing the other on his shoulder,and holding the other. Chiisana looked clueless. "Uhm… Look,I don't…" "I know you don't know how. I'll lead." He smiled,putting her other hand on her waist.

He started doing slow steps,Chiisana awkwardly trying to follow. She was looking at her feet. "In dancing,partners should be looking at each other. It'll help,try it." He smiled under the mask. Chiisana looked up at him,then nodded. Behind the mask,Chiisana saw Akeno's blue eyes. They were both staring at each other's eyes. Akeno was kind of wandering into her brown orbs,as Chiisana accidentally started reading his soul. And mind. She saw memories of…

Her and Akeno.

Akeno felt it. He knew she was seeing the things he's thinking about. Yep,Chiisana had that ability. But she never used it. It only works unexpectedly. After the song finished,he sighed. "Sorry but… I have to… Leave…" He mumbled. "H-huh ? But… Can I ask something ?" Chiisana blinked. Akeno looked at her. "What…?" He asked.

"Are you… One of my scythes ?" She asked. Akeno sighed,then patted his meister's head. "You'll know. Someday…" He said then left. Chiisana sighed,leaning on the railings of the balcony. "Akeno… Is that you…?" She mumbled.