Chapter 3

As we walked, Jay wrapped his arms across my shoulders. It was something he's been doing for as long as I have been here. We aren't dating or anything. Being on the Isle, we aren't allowed to date. It's against the rules, something about love being weak. It just makes both of us feel better.

“You okay?” Jay, the son of Jafar, asked quietly as we walked.

“Yeah, I'm good,” I said, ignoring the sick feeling in my stomach. I knew something was up, and Fairy Godmother would be able to tell me exactly what. I also knew I wouldn't see her again for another month.

“You can talk to me if you need to,” he said. I wanted to thank him, and throw my arms around him in a hug. He's been so nice to me since I got sent here that I occasionally forget he's a Villain's Kid.

“I know,” I said, slipping from his arms to throw my hair up in a messy bun.

“What's that tattoo on the back of your neck?” He asked.

“It means magic,” I said. He wrapped his arm across my shoulders on one side and Carlos’ shoulders on the other.

“Let's get this party started,” he yelled as we walked into Gothel's. The place was fairly bright since it was painted the same yellow as the flower. The tables and chairs were falling apart, and the paint was fading and chipping. The place had a worn out feeling, but we loved it nonetheless. And, it gets bonus points for having half way decent food. Definitely not the castle food I grew up eating, but it was bearable.

“Five milkshakes on the house,” Mother Gothel yelled as we walked in. She was hoping her kids would side with us and not Uma. That just pushed them further away, to the point where they moved in with Uma and Ursula. That's really too bad because her daughter Mary was super sweet to me when I first got thrown out here.

“Thanks,” Mal yelled back as we all piled into a corner booth. We always sat in the same booth  in the same order. Mal on one end, then Evie, Carlos, Jay, and me. Also, we always ordered the exact same things. Jay and Carlos got plain vanilla milkshakes. Evie got chocolate, and Mal and I got peanut butter and chocolate.

A/N: I know in the movie they don't have ice cream on the Isle, but just go with it.

We sat around gossiping and laughing for hours on end. It was moments like this that made me realize these kids weren't all bad. With the right conditions and help they could learn to be good. I wanted to be the one to help them get there, but I couldn't do that now without blowing everything.