Chapter 24

Jay drove back, and I sat in the passenger seat. Everyone else was piled in the back.

“What were you thinking wandering off like that?” He asked, gripping the steering wheel tighter.

“I told Ben not to walk off, and I wasn't about to let him go alone,” I said. “Why do you care anyways?”

“Wow, someone's bitter,” he mumbled. I knew my attitude sucked, but I wasn't really in the mood to deal with Jay. Come to think of it, I wasn't really sure why I sat in the front seat anyways.

“You don't know even half of what Harry Hook said to me in the last 19 hours,” I said. “You'd probably be bitter too.”

“I was wrong,” he said. I knew that he normally didn't admit to his mistakes, so this was huge. “I don't want space. I want you, Ciara.”

“I want you too, Jay,” I said, taking his hand that he had dropped down to hold mine.

“We need to talk,” he said. “After tourney practice, I'll swing by your room before getting ready for cotillion.”

“I'll be there. I don't want to be alone right now though, so I'll probably have to have someone with me,” I said.

“I would offer to miss practice and stay with you, but I am the captain for now,” he said. We were almost back to Auradon Prep, and my phone, which hadn't worked on the Isle, started going crazy.

“What do you mean, for now?” I asked, ignoring my phone completely.

“I found a way around the captain and eight men rule,” he said. “I'm making Lani the captain, and she'll have her eight men.”

“That's really awesome of you,” I said.

“It had a lot to do with the fact that you're such an amazing fighter. If I didn't have my experiences on the Isle, I wouldn't have made that decision,” he said.

“Well, I'm glad you did,” I said. “I know how much it means to Lani.”

It was quiet until he put the limo in park and I got out. He met me in front of the limo and grabbed my hands, looking into my crystal blue eyes. His own dark brown eyes held an intensity that I'd never seen before. It was a little unnerving.

“Ciara Charming, will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?” He asked.

“I'd love to,” I said, standing on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek. “I'll see you later, babe.”

“I won't be long. I promise,” he said. “I'll even walk you to your dorm room first.”