Chapter 14

“You,” Queen Leah's voice yelled, causing us all to turn and see what was going on.

Mal was standing in front of Audrey, who was now between Mal and her own grandmother. Chad rushed to Audrey's aid, as Jay and I ran to back Mal.

There was some more fighting before Jay and I got there. The next thing I heard was Chad calling out the VKs.

“Stay away from her,” Chad said as Mal stepped toward Queen Leah.

“Don't do this Chad,” Ben said.

“They were raised by their parents, Ben. What do you think Villains teach their kids? Huh? Kindness? Fair Play? No way. Nuh-uh,” Chad said. He turned to Mal before he continued. “You stole another girl's boyfriend.”

“Hey,” Ben said, trying to get him to stop.

“Chad, calm down,” I said, but he ignored me.

Chad turned to Jay and said, “You enjoy hurting people.” I felt Jay tense beside me.

“And you,” Chad said, turning to face Evie. “You're nothing but a gold digger and a cheater.”

“Mirror mirror in my hand,” Evie said. “Who's the biggest jerk in the land?” She held the mirror out towards him, and it displayed a picture of Chad. He scoffed and hit her hand away. The pushed Jay over the edge. He ran up and grabbed Chad's collar.

“Knock it off Chad,” Jay said. “Lay your hand on another girl and so help me God.”

Evie sprayed Chad with something that caused him to fall unconscious. I grabbed onto Jay's arm, knowing he was ready to kill Chad. I wasn't going to be able to hold him back on my own. Luckily, Ben grabbed him and threw him backwards.

“Jay, calm down,” I said,stepping between him and the group forming around Chad.

“C'mon Mal,” Evie said, taking her hand and dragging her away from the scene that was unfolding.

“C'mon,” Mal said as they ran past Carlos. “Jay!”

“Go. We'll, talk later,” I said. He didn't say anything, but glared at Chad one last time before he took off with the others.

“Guys,” Ben called, trying to get them to come back.

“Ben, they'll be alright. Give them some time to calm down. We can go talk to them later,” I said. He nodded, and rubbed his face in exasperation.