Chapter 31

“Guys,” Ben said, crashing our hang out group.

“Ben,” I said.

“We're sending for them on Wednesday. The limo will pick the two of you up at 8:00 am. You should get back to Auradon Prep about 10:15. We'll have something set up like we did for you guys,” Ben said.

“Ciara and I can throw something together by then,” Jane said. “We both have a free period tomorrow. We can get it almost done in that amount of time.”

“You guys are lifesavers,” Ben said, sitting down beside Mal.

“We know,” Jane and I said together. Ben rolled his eyes at us before jumping into the conversation we were having.

About 8:30, Jay leaned his head on my shoulder before whispering in my ear, “Wanna go for a walk?”

“Sure,” I said. I cleared my throat since we'd been watching a movie. Everyone looked at us.

“We're going for a walk. We'll be back eventually,” Jay said, standing up. He helped me to my feet before pulling me into his arms.

“What's up?” I asked. We were in front of the school wandering around campus and just kind of enjoying the silence of it all.

“How'd it go?” He asked.

“Well, I don't have cancer,” I said.

“That's awesome,” Jay said.

“And, there's no more magic in me,” I said. “I'm just a regular mortal again.”

“There's nothing wrong with that,” he said. He was quiet for a few minutes before he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

“I'm really happy you're here, Jay,” I said, leaning my head on his shoulder.

“I'm just happy to be with you,” Jay said, kissing my forehead while we continued to walk.

“Ciara, I wanted to talk to you about something,” Jay said, walking over to a bench and sitting down. He turned to face me, his brown eyes softened more as we made eye contact.

“What is going on?” I asked.

“Ciara, I like you a lot. Like, this feeling is love,” he said, pulling a ring box out of his pocket. “Babygirl, I got you this. I guess it's kind of like a promise ring. Chad told me how important it is to you. I just wanted to give you something to remind you that I love you, especially since we haven't been able to spend as much time together.” He opened the box to reveal a ring with a diamond in the shape of a heart.

“Jay, I love you so much,” I said, leaning over to kiss him.

“Will you accept, is that even the word I want?” He asked, confused. His confusion only made him cuter.

“Yes, I'll accept your promise ring,” I said, kissing his cheek. I grabbed the ring from the box and slid it onto my right ring finger.