Chapter 7

I had been scrolling through Instagram when Jane walked in. “Lunch time. You coming?”

“Yeah,” I said. “I should probably see if the VKs want to go. Wanna come with me?”

“You do all the talking,” she said.

“As always,” I said. We walked to the next door over and I knocked, waiting for an answer.

“Hello,” Mal said, opening the door.

“Hi,” I said. “Jane and I are going to get lunch, and we wanted to know if you would like to come with us.”

“No thank you,” Mal said. “We don't eat a lot.”

“Well, here's a map to the cafeteria in case you change your mind,” I said, handing her the piece of paper that had the route to the cafeteria highlighted.

“Thanks,” she said before shutting the door.

“That was,” Jane said.

“They are in a new place. Give them some time to get used to people being nice,” I said. She rolled her eyes but agreed as we headed to lunch.

As we were eating, Aaron, Ariel's son, approached us. “Hey, Ciara.”

“Hi, Aaron,” I said. He sat down next to me, and Jane tried shrinking back in on herself.

“Um, are you going to the tourney game on Friday?” He asked.

“I think so, why?” I responded.

“Do you maybe want to get pizza afterwards or something?” He asked.

“You're sweet and all Aaron, but I can't,” I said. “I need to focus on this proclamation right now. Maybe you should ask Lani. I know she likes you.”

“Really?” He asked.

“Yeah. I wouldn't lie to you about it,” I said, and he walked off towards Lani.

“How do you do it?” Jane asked.

“I've been forced to learn that type of thing my whole life,” I said. “Remember they chose me  when I was born to be his Royal Advisor.”

“I'm glad it was you and not me,” she said. I laughed at her, and we spent the rest of lunch talking about the upcoming coronation. Jane and I are pretty much in charge of it all. Fairy Godmother is doing all the hardcore planning, but Jane and I are doing all the planning for the dance afterwards.