Chapter 9

The next day, during my free period, I was in the library with Fairy Godmother helping her teach Remedial Goodness 101. She was asking questions, and Mal was the only one who got any right.

“Girl, you are on fire,” Carlos said.

“It's easy,” Mal said, twisting her hair between her fingers. “Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun.”

“That makes so much sense,” Evie said.

Fairy Godmother asked a question and everyone's hands shot up, well everyone except Mal.

“My hand was up first,” Carlos whined as Jay pulled his hand down.

“Jay,” Fairy Godmother said. He answered and got it right. The two boys started to fight, but it wasn't like they were gonna hurt each other.

“Boys,” Fairy Godmother said. “Boys,” she tapped her pointer on the chalkboard, “might I suggest taking that extra energy to the tourney field?”

“Tourney?” Jay asked.

“I'll take them down and introduce them to the coach,” I said.

“Thank you, Ciara,” Fairy Godmother said. The bell rang and I walked over to the boys.

“Let's go,” I said as they picked up their bags.

“Ciara, you look really familiar,” Carlos said. “Do you by any chance have an evil twin sister who has green eyes and pastel hair?”

“No,” I said, knowing they were referring to me when I was on the Isle.

“You sure?” Jay asked as I led them out the door of the building. I rolled my eyes at him.

“The only twin I have is Chad. He's a little clueless,” I said. “Maybe he was there, but he has blue eyes like mine.”  

“If you say so,” Carlos said. I walked onto the tourney field, only to be met by my brother.

“Hey, Chad,” I said while continuing to walk over to the coach.

“Hey, Ci,” he said. “Mom and Dad want us for dinner on Saturday.”

“It's family day. I'll be there unless something comes up with coronation,” I said. He rolled his eyes and went back to the team that was standing around gossiping.

“Coach,” I said as I walked up. “This is Jay and Carlos. Fairy Godmother asked me to bring them out here and introduce them.”

“Thanks Ciara,” he said, shaking each of the boy's hands.

“You staying for practice?” He asked.

“You know I would, but I have to go work on stuff for coronation. I'll be at the game on Friday though,” I said.