Chapter 13

Set up was a breeze. Especially since Fairy Godmother did most the work for us. To kick things off, Ben and a group of us sang a version of "Be Our Guest".

Afterwards, Ben took Mal over to introduce her to his parents. Jay came over to talk to me.

"Hey, great job out there. I didn't know you could sing like that," he said.

"Being on the Isle doesn't exactly make me want to sing," I said. He nodded in agreement. "Why don't you come meet my parents?"

"I feel like that's a bad idea," he said.

"C'mon," I said. "It'll be fine."

"Whatever," he said, and I dragged him over to where my parents were standing.

"Hello, sweetheart," my mother said as I approached them.

"Hi, Mom, Dad," I said hugging them.

"How's school been?" My dad asked.

"It's been great. I'm doing better," I said.

"That's good to know," my mom said.

"Mom, Dad," I said, stepping to the side and motioning Jay forward.

"This is Jay," I said.

"It's nice to finally meet you," Jay said, shaking my father's hand, and kissing the back of my mother's hand.

"It's nice to meet you too, Jay," my father said politely.

"We've heard so much about you," my mother said.

"All good things, I hope," Jay said, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"Of course," I said, blushing slightly. "Mom, Dad, Jay and I are going to the coronation together."

"Are you allowed to have a date?" My father asked.

"Yes," I said.