Chapter 16

“Hey,” I said quietly as Jay walked up to my locker. Coronation was on Friday, which is two days from now. I haven't gotten to talk to him much since Family Day.

“How're you?” He asked.

“I'm doing better now,” I said, feeling my mood lighten more with each passing second.

“I'm really sorry about the other day,” he said.

“Don't be. Chad had it coming,” I said. “He never should have laid a hand on Evie.”

“And I never should have laid a hand on him,” Jay said. We walked into the library for Remedial Goodness.

“I know that,” I said. “Apology accepted.”

“Woah, hold up,” Carlos said. “Jay apologized for something.”

“Just to her,” he said, wrapping his arm around Carlos neck loosely and messing up his hair.

“Alright, I won't be expecting it,” Carlos said, attempting to fix his hair.

After the class was over, I had to work with Jane to finish up last minute details for the dance after coronation. Everything was in place, and we were all pumped for the dance more than coronation itself.

The dance floor was decorated with blue and yellow everything. There was a banner and balloons, well tomorrow there will be balloons. Everything was perfect. Jane and I put in too much work for it not to be perfect.

“Amazing work as always, ladies,” Ben said, scaring me. I hadn't heard him walk up, and apparently neither had Jane.

“You can't do that too us, Ben,” Jane said, crossing her arms and trying to steady her breathing.

“It was funny,” he said.

“To you,” Jane said.

“Ben, is that anyway for a future king to act?” I asked, fake glaring at him.

“Alright, Fairy Godmother,” Ben said rolling his eyes.

“You know it,” I said.

“C'mon, a group of us are going out for pizza. You guys in or what?” Ben asked.

“Who's a group of you consist of?” I asked.

“Me, Mal, Evie, Doug, Carlos,” he said.

“Jay?” I asked hopefully.

“Oh, yeah, him too,” Ben said, laughing at me.

“I'm in,” I said. Jane agreed too.