Chapter 10

It's Friday! That means tourney. Jay and Carlos both made the team. Chad thinks Jay cheats because he is a little aggressive, well a lot actually.

Jay and I have been hanging out together quite a bit, much to my brother's dismay. I really like Jay still, and I know he likes me too. He just isn't used to expressing emotions that aren't anger.

“Hey, Ciara,” Jay said, running over to my locker. I saw Mal give Ben a cookie, but didn't think anything of it.

“What's up, Jay?” I asked, dropping my books into my locker. School was over, so now I had a couple hours to kill before the tourney game.

“Mal made some cookies last night. Want one?” He asked, holding up the bag.

“What'd you do to it?” I asked. “Love spell?”

“How?” He asked.

“I just saw all that go down,” I said, pointing to where Evie had her hand over Ben's mouth in attempt to get him to stop trying to sing Mal's name.

“I forget that you've spent more time with us than the others,” he said, putting the cookie back into his book bag.

“I like you a lot, Jay,” I said. “You don't need a love spell.”

“Wanna hang out after the game?” He asked.

“If you're not celebrating with the team,” I said. We started walking, well more like wandering aimlessly.

“So, how're you liking Auradon?” I asked.

“It's different,” he said.

“Good different or bad different?” I asked.

“I don't know. You're here,” he said smirking, causing me to blush. “Which is good. But, I'm not sure I can handle the whole being good thing.”

“Of course you can,” I said, grabbing his hand to stop him. “You are a good person. You're not your dad. I've seen your good side, and I know you can be more like him.”

“Yeah, well Mal's not all about being good,” he said.

“I know, but you have to try Jay. I know how much Mal hates the idea of being good. She'll come around, especially with Ben's help,” I said.

“Thanks, Ci,” he said, hugging me.

“Anything for you, Jay,” I said, returning the hug.