Chapter 27

Of course, like all great things in life, it came to an end much before we would have liked.

The next day, I slept in as much as I could. Which meant I only got to sleep until 8:00. At 8:00 sharp, Jane woke me up because someone was knocking on the door.

“Who is it?” I asked, wiping the sleep from my eyes.

“It's Jay,” he said. I threw my glasses and a hoodie on and got up to answer the door.

“Hey,” I said, opening the door.

“Hey, wanna go get breakfast?” He asked. “Like off campus, for a date.”

“Or we could get it on campus since I'm not technically supposed to be more than five minutes from Ben's office except on Sundays,” I said.

“Well, we will get breakfast off campus tomorrow,” he said.

“Sounds good to me,” I said. “Wanna come in so I can get dressed?”

“I have to go wake Carlos up. I think he wanted to go on a double date for his and Jane’s first date,” he said.

“Sounds good. I'll tell Jane to get ready,” I said.

“Thanks,” he said before walking back to his dorm.

“What was that about?” Jane asked as I closed the door.

“Get ready. We're going out to breakfast with Jay and Carlos,” I said. I got dressed in a pair of light blue jeans and an Auradon Prep t-shirt. I ballet bunned my hair and threw on some mascara while Jane was still debating what to wear.

“I don't know what to wear,” Jane yelled.

“Calm down. Just be yourself,” I said. She pulled out a lavender dress and denim jacket.

“This?” She asked.

“Perfect,” I said. “Now, get dressed.”

Ten minutes later, she was finally ready. We headed over to Jay and Carlos’ dorm, and I knocked on the door.

“Hey, beautiful,” Jay said answering the door.

“Hey,” I said, walking into his dorm. It was freezing. I knew that on the Isle it was normally very cold, so he was used to it. I was not.

“Are you cold?” He asked.

“Yeah a little,” I said. “I'll be fine though.”

“Here,” he said, handing me his Auradon Prep Tourney hoodie.

“Thanks,” I said, pulling the hoodie on.

“Anything for you beautiful,” he said, hugging me. We stayed there, in each other's arms, for a few minutes while Jane and Carlos attempted to calm down around each other. They were still awkward together since they'd only been dating since last night.

“Look at 'em,” I said, laying my head on Jay's chest. He was almost a full head taller than me.

“They're so awkward,” he said laughing slightly. They turned to look at us, hearing Jay's laugh.

“What's so funny you two?” Carlos asked.

“Nothing,” Jay and I said.

“I don't believe you,” Jane said.

“That's your choice,” I said. “Let's go eat.”