Chapter 6

This was it. The VKs we're moving into Auradon Prep today. My brother Chad was strongly against it, and so were my parents. I, however, was more open to the four teenagers that we're moving here from the Isle of the Lost.

I flattened my lavender skater skirt and tucked my black shirt back into the waistband as my roommate, Jane, daughter of Fairy Godmother, reminded me it was time to go. I slipped my lavender blazer on and buttoned it as we walked out the door to the courtyard where we were greeting the VKs.

We were standing around talking for fifteen minutes when Fairy Godmother shushed us and cued the band to start playing. The limo pulled up, and the driver opened the back door causing two teenage boys to fall out of the back seat.

Fairy Godmother​ greeted the four teenagers before introducing Ben.

"This is Ben," she said, and Audrey interrupted her.

"Prince Ben, soon to be king," she squealed.

"And this is Audrey," Ben said.

"Princess," she said. "Isn't that right Benny Boo?"

"And this," Fairy Godmother said, pointing to me, "is Ciarra Charming. Royal advisor to Ben."

"Hello, foxy," the boy dressed in leather said in attempt to flirt with me. His brown eyes were just as intense as I remember.

"Hi Jay," I said. "I am Ciarra. It's nice to finally meet you." I held my hand out for him to shake. He took it and kissed the back of it. A gesture that I knew was far beyond the etiquette known by VKs.

Fairy Godmother started talking, but quickly dismissed the VKs into the care and guidance of Ben, Audrey, and I.

Ben walked down the line greeting everyone. I followed behind shaking each person's hand as Ben did the talking. Audrey however refused to be within five feet of them.

Ben and Audrey were giving the tour while I tagged along. Once we got into the dorms, we caught up with Doug and the two of us were going to help them all get settled in.

“So, if you have any questions, feel free to ask,” Ben said.

“Doug or Ciara,” Audrey interrupted before dragging Ben off down the hall.

“So I have your schedules,” Doug said, listing off the required classes. “And Remedial Goodness.”

“Let me guess, new class,” Mal said. I nodded and Doug started talking about something else.

“Let's go find our dorms,” Jay said, and they took off running up the stairs.

“Actually, your dorms are that way,” Doug said.

“So, Ben and Chad, my brother, are in here,” I said, pointing to the door on our left.

“And this is Jay and Carlos’s room,” Doug said, pointing to the one next to Ben's.

“This is Mal and Evie's,” I said. “Jane and I are right next door if you need anything.”

“Thanks,” Evie said.

“I'll leave you guys to get settled. Ben and I will be by about 2:00 to give you a full campus tour,” I said, walking back to my room.