Chapter 32

Wednesday morning at 9:30, Jane and I started working in front of the school in attempt to make it resemble what we did for the first group of VKs to come to Auradon. It didn't actually take us all that long.

The band was set up and warming up, and everything was falling into place.

“Auradon Prep has never looked so inviting,” Ben said. He and Mal walked up, taking everything in.

“Well, leave Ciara in charge and everything looks better,” Jane said.

“I can't take all the credit,” I said.

“There's my beautiful girlfriend,” Carlos said, running up to Jane and hugging her. “Wow, this place looks amazing.”

“Thanks,” Jane and I said simultaneously.

“Let's get ready,” Ben said. “Fairy Godmother called in sick. You're in charge Ciara.”

“Why aren't you?” I asked.

“Fairy Godmother said to leave you in charge because they'd trust you more than me,” he said.

“You just give off super calm vibes,” Mal said.

“You seem more approachable,” Carlos said.

“Alright, I'll do it,” I said. We all took our spots around the front of the school and waited. My phone started ringing, so I grabbed it from my pocket and noticed it was Jay.

“Hello,” I said.

“We're about five minutes out,” he said.

“Alright, see you soon,” I said.

“Bye,” he said before we hung up.

“Five minutes,” I yelled. Doug started to get the band into playing and everyone was on edge. We hadn't made it super public who was chosen.

When the limo pulled up, I could sense the anxiety in the air. The driver opened the door and out stepped all six people.

“Welcome to Auradon Prep,” I said, stepping forward as Doug cut the band off. “Fairy Godmother called in sick today, so I was left in charge. I'm Ciara Charming, Royal Advisor of the king. This is King Ben and Lady Mal. We're going to be showing you around today. If you need anything, feel free to ask myself, Ben, Mal, Jay, Evie, or Carlos.”

“I'm really glad you're all here today,” Ben said, shaking each of the new people's hands. “I'm so sorry that we hadn't sent for you before. Learning to be king has been a challenge. I am deeply sorry that this has taken a backseat when it shouldn't have.”

Ben, Mal, and I showed them all around since the others had to get to class. They were super excited to be off the Isle, and I could see what Mal had meant about that one year making a difference.

“Alright. If you guys need anything. We're all right in this hallway,” Ben said motioning to the dorms.

“We have to get to class, so we're going to leave you to get settled in with Ciara,” Mal said before leaving with Ben.

“So, it's almost lunch time. You guys want to head over to the cafeteria?” I asked.

“Can we please look around our rooms?” Asia asked.

“Of course, go for it,” I said. “I'll be right here when you're ready for lunch.” They all took off for their shared dorm rooms.

I had been standing in the hallway for five minutes when Jay and Carlos walked down the hallway.

“Hey,” I said. “What's up?”

“We came to see if you wanted to join us for lunch,” Jay said.

“I'm kind of supposed to take the newbies with me,” I said.

“What're we waiting for?” Evie yelled down the hall. I hadn't noticed her before.

“Lunch,” Dizzy yelled, running down the hall with Asia right behind her.

“Ci, I'll take these two. You guys can bring the boys,” Evie yelled.

“Sounds good,” I said.