Chapter 33

It's been a few years since we moved Dizzy, Asia, Hadyn, and Lee to Auradon Prep. They took to Goodness a lot quicker than the first group.

Since then, we've moved about twenty other groups of four ranging in age from 13-18 from the Isle to Auradon. We discovered that the older they are the longer it takes to get them to be good.

Graduation is tomorrow. Mal, Ben, Evie, Doug, Carlos, Jane, Jay, and I are all graduating tomorrow. Ben will start immediately working as King. Tomorrow, I start working even more full time as the Royal Advisor. Next school year, I'll be working as the Remedial Goodness teacher, but for now, I have to work crazy hours as Ben's Royal Advisor.

“Hey, beautiful,” Jay said, walking into my room.

“Hey, handsome,” I said. He collapsed into my bed next to me.

“We should do something,” Jay said.

“Wanna go for a walk?” I asked.

“Eh,” he said.

“Want to watch a movie?” I asked.

“Not really,” he said, turning to look at me.

“Well, what do you want to do?” I asked.

“Cause trouble,” he said.

“Did you learn nothing in Remedial Goodness?”

“Nope.”

I rolled my eyes at him. He did this all the time, and, to my knowledge, he never actually  acted on his complaints.

A few minutes later, Carlos and Jane showed up, hoping to go out on a double date. It's become a common thing for the four of us to go on double dates.

“C'mon," I said, dragging Jay to his feet.

“Alright,” he said, hopping up and following us out of the dorms. We walked to the pizza place that was just off campus.

“What're we getting?” Carlos asked.

“Pizza,” Jay practically yelled.

“Okay, you can have some pizza,” I said. He rolled his eyes at me and started talking to Carlos about something.

I looked up at Jane, who was across the table from me, and she was staring at Carlos. The two have been dating for a while, and they still act like they just started dating. It's actually kind of cute.

“What're you guys doing after graduation?” Jay asked.

“Technology stuff for Auradon Prep,” Carlos said. “I have a real job title like IT or something.”

“I start training on Monday to teach English at Auradon Prep,” Jane said. There really isn't college in Auradon. Most kids either get jobs or their parents have so much money they don't need to work.

“I start training on Monday, too,” Jay said. “I'm teaching Phys. Ed. and coaching Tourney and Fencing.”

“Don't you have training on Monday too?” Jane asked me.

“Yeah,” I said. “I start training to teach Remedial Goodness on Monday. I'm only there until noon though. After that I have to get to the office and work all afternoon.”

“You're too young to work that much,” Jay said, wrapping his arms around me.

“Tell that to the King,” I said under my breath.

The rest of the afternoon and well into the evening, the four of us hung out. We were just enjoying the rest of the time we had as high schoolers.