Chapter 19

The VKs have been here six months, and trying to juggle work and school and a relationship with Jay is crazy. Sometimes I'm not sure how I do it. Luckily, Jay's schedule is just as hectic with school and the fencing team, which he is captain of. Our relationship occasionally takes the most impact, but we try to make it work, and somehow we do.

Cotillion is tomorrow night, and as Ben's Royal Advisor, I have almost nothing to do with the planning. I have to help Ben make all his decisions about proclamations and what not, so I don't really have time. I hear all about it from Jane though. She's gradually coming out of her shell, which is awesome.

I was sitting at my desk outside Ben's office when Evie came running over. "Is Ben in there?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said. "You can go in. I have to call Lumiere anyways."

While I was on the phone, Evie and Ben went running out of his office. "I have to go. I'm taking the rest of the afternoon off. You can too," Ben said, and I nodded while taking notes of my phone conversation. The two took off running again.

"So, the stained glass window will be done in time for the unveiling tomorrow night?" I asked, referring to Ben's present to Mal.

"Of course, Ciara," Lumiere said. "Don't you worry about it."

"I'm going to worry about everything. I don't have as much say in cotillion as I did in coronation," I said. "It's driving me nuts."

"Don't let it bother you. Cogsworth is yelling at me again. I have to go," he said.

"Thank you again, Lumiere," I said, before hanging up. I finished up the stuff I was working on and posted a note on my desk and Ben's door saying we'd be out of the office for the afternoon.

I headed back to my room and started working on my Calculus homework. My brain wasn't working at all, and luckily I'd have all day Sunday if I couldn't figure this out today.