Chapter 39

Jay's POV

It's been two hours. Where the Hell is she? My fiance was supposed to be home two hours ago. The girl of my dreams is missing and I can't stand this.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I ran to the door and opened it to reveal two Police officers. We mainly had them in Auradon for the rebellious teens and emergencies.

“Can,” I started but had to stop and clear my throat. “Can I help you?”

“Are you Jay, son of Jafar?” The cop asked.

“Yeah, why?”

“I'm sorry to inform you, but there's been an accident,” he said.

“Wha- What kind of accident?” I asked.

“Your fiance Ciara has been involved in a car accident. Another car hit her driver's side door. She did nothing wrong. We're here to escort you to the hospital,” he said.

I nodded and followed them to their car. I climbed in the backseat almost like a criminal would. My world was crashing down around me. That girl was my life. I loved her more than anything in this world.

“Um, do you know how she is?” I asked as my eyes brimmed with tears. We had to be getting close to the hospital by now.

“No, but I guarantee that every effort will be made to save her life,” he said. I wiped my eyes and tried to focus on her to keep me together.

I followed the officers up to her room, but I couldn't get in to see her. “Has anyone informed Ben?” I asked.

“King Ben?” They asked.

“Yeah, has anyone told him?” I asked again.

“Jay,” Carlos’ voice came from behind me. I spun around to face my lifelong friend.

“Carlos,” I said, hugging him as the rest of our friends followed him in.

“How is she?” Evie asked.

“They won't let me in to see her,” I said. Cinderella and Prince Charming walked in just then and Cinderella immediately ran to me, wrapping me in a hug.

“I'm so so sorry I ever thought you weren't worthy of my daughter,” she sobbed.

“Shh,” I said, rubbing her back like I do when Ci cries. “Ciara wouldn't want you to be upset.”

“I know,” she said, sobbing again.

“Ciara Charming,” the doctor said, and we all tensed up.