Chapter 4

“Cindy,” My brothers voice broke into my dreams, waking me up. It was the day after the fight, and we had all crashed in the hideout last night.

“Go away, Chad. I'm sleeping,” I said. I don't think anything of the fact that my brother was on the Isle. I felt Jay's limbs intertwined with mine. I knew I had curled into his side shortly before falling asleep in the same clothes I had worn all day the day before.

“Now,” he said, grabbing my hand and pulling me to my feet. Jay groaned and tried to pull me back to him.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, walking with him off to the side.

“Fairy Godmother sent me to get you. She said if you spend too much more time here the effects of the magic will be completely reversed,” he explained.

“Alright,” I said. “Let me say goodbye.”

“No,” he said.

“Just to Jay,” I said. I walked over and shook Jay slightly. Carlos, Evie, and Mal were all curled up together sound asleep on the other couch.

“Jay, wake up,” I said. He shot up at the sound of my voice. We were accustomed to waking up when one of the others said something. It was a habit, I guess.

“What's up, Cin?” He asked, wiping the sleep from his eyes.

“They've sent for me. I have to go back to Auradon. I'll come back for you. I swear it. Please, just protect the others for me,” I said, kissing his lips softly. The action took both of us by surprise, but it felt so right to me. As our lips meet for the half a second they were together, I felt electricity coursing through my veins and butterflies doing somersaults in my stomach.

“Cin, don't go,” he said. His voice cracked, bringing me to the edge of tears. I really didn't want to leave him like this, but I had no choice.

“If I stay I'll die. I promise I'll explain someday. My name's Ciara,” I said. His bottom lip quivered before he tucked it between his teeth in attempt not to cry.

“I'll be here waiting for you,” he said. I kissed him again before running off with my brother. We got in the limo, and my tears started.

“Why are you crying?” Chad asked. “It's not like you can have a future with him.”

“Stop, okay,” I said. “They're people too. They deserve so much better than this.”

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. I knew he hated the fact that Mom and Dad made him come get me, but he was one of the only boys in Auradon who knew I was here. I also know that he resents me because they chose me as Ben's Royal Advisor.