Chapter 5

Adjusting back to life in Auradon was pretty rough. Luckily, my first two days back were filled with testing so the only people I saw were my family and Fairy Godmother. I had to endure all sorts of medical tests to ensure that I didn't have cancer again. Thankfully, all the test came back stating that I was still cancer free.

It's been about five months since I was on the Isle. Life's been rough. I have gotten a lot better at hiding that part of me though. I think about Jay a lot more than I care to admit most days. I hope he’ll be able to come to Auradon Prep. I force myself to remember every part of him, from his dark brown eyes to his long dark hair. I miss him like crazy. I've almost gone back a couple of times, but I can't.

Ben decided on his first official proclamation finally. I pushed him towards this decision as his friend, but as his Royal Advisor, I had to try and convince him otherwise. I was torn between who I truly am, and who he needs me to be. We've held several meetings about it, but we have yet to tell his parents. He insists we wait for just the right time. I know they're going to find out eventually though.

"Mother, Father," Ben said, greeting his parents as they walked into the room. Ben was getting his suit for his coronation tailored, and this was my only chance at getting time alone with him to talk about his first official proclamation.

"How is it possible that you're being crowned King next month. You're still a baby," King Adam said.

"He'll be 16," Queen Belle said.

"16 is far too young to be king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42," the king said.

"You decided to marry me at 28," Belle responded.

"Well, it was you or the teapot," King Adam said, causing us all to smile.

"Father," Ben said. "I've decided on my first official proclamation. I want to give the children on the Isle of the Lost a second chance."

"Ben, they are our sworn enemies," King Adam said.

Ben walked forward so he was standing about ten feet from his parents. I closed my binder and went to stand beside him. "Just the ones who need our help the most. Don't you think their children deserve a second chance?"

"I gave you a second chance," Belle said to her husband. She then turned to Ben and asked who their parents were.

"Cruella De Vil, Jafar, Evil Queen," Ben said pausing before stating the last one. "And, Maleficent."

"Maleficent?" King Adam asked, growing increasingly angry. The tailor along with the guards left the room, and I wanted to follow, but couldn't.

"Father," Ben started, but King Adam cut him off.

"Ciarra, as Ben's Royal Advisor, what is your professional opinion of this?"

"As Ben's Royal Advisor, I think there are better options for his first proclamation. He should wait on this one for a year or two. But, I know this is something he will stay focused on and work on," I said.

"Now tell them your personal opinion on the matter," Ben said.

"That doesn't matter to this discussion," I said.

"Dear, we want to hear it," Queen Belle said.

"My personal opinion of the matter is that they deserve a chance at being good. I believe they can be taught to be good," I said.

"Hon, let's hear more about this," Queen Belle said. I walked over and showed her all of my notes and explained Ben's plans for helping the Villains Kids to be good.