Chapter 8

About 1:45, Ben and Chad showed up at my dorm room. They were yelling about tourney while laughing and shoving each other around.

“Is this how the future king is supposed to act?” Fairy Godmother asked.

“No ma'am,” Ben said as Fairy Godmother walked into the dorm room to talk to Jane. I laughed at him before following the two to the VKs dorms to pick them up for the actual campus tour. Ben did all the talking, and I just kind of stuck with them so that nothing happened.

“Ciara,” Jay said. “Wait up.” I was headed back to my dorm to work on some homework, and they had been headed in the opposite direction.

“What's up?” I asked. I led him over to a bench and sat down, motioning for him to take a seat next to me.

“Are you Cindy?” He asked.

“Yeah,” I said, turning and moving my hair just enough to show him the tattoo again.

“Look, I'm not going to tell them,” he said.

“Thanks,” I said, nervously moving my blonde hair behind my ear.

“Of course,” he said. “Look, Mal's expecting me, but do you think maybe we could go out sometime?”

“I'll let you know,” I said, standing up. “I mean, if nothing else I could tutor you in Remedial Goodness.”

“You are just as odd as ever,” he said, standing up. “So, I'll see you around.”

“See ya,” I said, before heading off towards my dorm.