Chapter 36

Things are going great. Jay and I settled into the castle really well, and since we both drive, we decided to just buy cars. My mother was pretty insistent that she wanted me to have a driver, but I refused.

All of us have completed training and school is going to be starting again pretty soon. I only have to teach about 4-6 kids at a time in Remedial Goodness. Jay, however, is a little overwhelmed with the whole teaching thing. He'll do fine he just has to get passed his nerves.

Jay and I haven't decided much on the wedding other than Evie will design my dress. She claims to have a million ideas already. I'm super excited to see what she comes up with.

Ben and I have been trying to figure out how to continue with the first official proclamation. That's on top of all the other really boring stuff the king has to do.

“What about younger kids?” I asked. We have been sitting in his office for twenty minutes brainstorming ideas on a whiteboard wall.

“It could work, but how young?” He asked.

“I don't know. Young enough they'd need foster families,” I said.

“How much time will this year's freshman class buy us?” He asked.

“The number of freshman on the Isle is 16, so between 4 and 8 months depending on how things go,” I said.

“That'd give us enough time find foster families,” he said. “Set up appointments with your parents, my parents, Aurora and Phillip, Fairy Godmother, and Ariel and Eric.”

“Will do,” I said, scribbling down the names. “What all should I tell them?”

“Tell them we will explain everything. Why do I feel like you're being treated more like an assistant than anything else?” He asked.

“Because that's what I do. Don't sweat it,” I said.

“I'll call and set up appointments for tomorrow,” I said, standing up to leave the office. He looked at the clock on the wall. 6:53. We've been here since 8:00 this morning, and this is the third night this week we've stayed past 5:00.

“Then you can leave. I have some last minute stuff to finish up,” he said.

“Ben, calm down. I'll leave when you do. Jay understands,” I said. He nodded, and I walked out to my desk to start making phone calls. Luckily, I got all the appointments scheduled for tomorrow. Ben's parents were coming in at 8, then my parents at 9, followed by Ariel and Eric at 10, Aurora and Phillip at 11 and Fairy Godmother at 12.

“So, we have to be here at 7:30 tomorrow morning,” I said, walking into his office. At least tomorrow was Friday.

“We're leaving after the last meeting. I promised Mal a weekend to ourselves,” Ben said.

“Fairy Godmother is coming in at noon,” I said. “And, Ben, you need that weekend with Mal as much as she wants it. You've aged 20 years over the summer.”

“Thanks for everything Ciara. I'll see you tomorrow,” he said.

“You're welcome Ben. Remember 7:30 and look professional,” I said. I returned to my desk and grabbed my cell phone and purse before walking out to the car.

I dialed Jay's number, hoping he would pick up.

“Hey,” Jay said. His voice instantly calmed me down.

“Hey Jay. I'm getting ready to leave here. I should be home in ten minutes or so,” I said.

“Alright. I have dinner waiting. Be safe. I love you, Ciara,” Jay said.

“I love you too Jay.”