Chapter 26

Fairly soon, Lumiere had to announce Mal, the soon to be lady of the court. She looked so nervous that Evie met her at the bottom of the stairs. Right after her was King Ben. He walked down the stairs and apologized to Mal.

“Lady Uma,” Lumiere said.

“No,” Mal started and Evie calmed her down. We formed a half circle behind Mal as Uma made her way down the stairs.

“Ben?” I asked as he kissed Uma's hand. “What're you doing?”

“On the Isle I realized how much Uma and I have in common. And why Mal never told me she love me. It was because she knew that we weren't meant to be,” Ben said. He sounded weird though.

“Let's get you out of here,” Jay said, grabbing Mal's hand.

“Wait,” Jane yelled before urging Lumiere to unveil Ben's gift to Mal. The stained glass window looked awesome.

It didn't take long for Mal to realize that Ben had been spelled. Especially once Uma started trying to order Fairy Godmother around.

“Uma, how'd you get here?” I asked.

“Did Ben send for you?” Mal asked.

“He didn't have to,” Uma said. “I jumped through the barrier before it closed and I'm a strong swimmer.”

Mal and Uma started fighting while trying to get Ben's attention. Uma tried to keep Ben spelled, while Mal tried to help him out of it.

“Ben, listen to me,” Mal said. “You're in love with me. And I love you too.”

“Ignore her, Ben look at me,” Uma said.

“Ben, don't listen to Uma. It's me Mal. Ben, please,” Mal said, trying to plead with Ben to become unspelled.

“Mal?” Ben asked. That cause Uma to flip out. She jumped overboard and became her true self. She looked a lot like her mother. Her legs became tentacles, and she resembled an octopus from the waist down.

Mal's eyes went bright green before she turned into a huge dragon. She flew over and tried to attack Uma. Ben roared, literally roared like a beast, before shedding his crown and jacket into Jay's hand. He jumped overboard, trying to get the two to stop fighting.

I couldn't quite hear what he was saying, but soon enough, Uma handed the ring back to Ben and disappeared below the water. Ben swam back over, and I was handed his jacket and crown so Jay could help him get back on board.

“You okay?” I asked as Ben's feet hit the deck. He shook his hair out like an animal before answering.

“I'm fine,” he said, shivering slightly. The water was probably freezing.

“Here,” Jane said, walking over with a towel.

“Thanks,” he said, taking the towel and wrapping it around himself.

Mal landed on the deck, and became herself again. Her dress was now purple instead of the yellow it had been before. She swatted at the small flames that appeared while laughing nervously.

Evie rushed to her side and walked her down the stairs while talking through their smiles. Ben met her at the bottom of the stairs.

“I'm sorry Mal,” he said. “I'm sorry everyone. If there's anyway I can make it up to you let me know.”

“Actually,” Evie said. “There's a girl on the Isle. Her name's Dizzy, she's Drizella’s daughter. She’d love it here.”

“Consider it done,” Ben said.

“Oh, and there's another one. Actually can I just get you a list?” She asked.

“Of course,” Been said chuckling.

The rest of the night we spent singing, dancing, and laughing. It was amazing, and I didn't want it to end.