Chapter 37

“Hey, babygirl,” Jay said. “How was work?”

“Stressful,” I said. “How was your day?”

“Better now that you're here,” he said. I kissed his lips quickly as I headed into the kitchen where he had dinner waiting.  

“Smells like pizza,” I said.

“Well, I ordered some for dinner. I figured we could have some pizza and watch a movie or something,” he said.

“You definitely know the way to my heart,” I said. “I'm going to go change if you wanna start a movie for us to watch.”

“If you are changing, so am I,” Jay said. We practically ran to our room and got changed into comfy clothes. I pulled on some leggings and one of Jay's old hoodies.

“How do you manage to make my clothes look so much better than I do?” He asked, snaking his arms around my waist.

“It's a gift,” I said, kissing his lips lightly.

“Well, I'm glad it was given to you,” he said. I wrapped my fingers in his hair and just stayed there staring into his brown eyes for a minute. The moment we met came flooding back to me.

I was nervous beyond belief that I had to go to the Isle. Luckily, there were some kids my age that I'd be living with.

“Thanks Lumiere,” I said, getting out of the passenger seat of the car. He didn't normally drive, but he wanted to drop me off today.

“Anything for you,” he side as I shut the door.

“Hi, I'm Mal,” the girl with green eyes and purple hair said.

“I'm Evie, but you can call me E,” a girl with long dark blue hair said.

“Carlos,” a boy said quietly. He had frosted tips in his hair, and big scared eyes.

“I'm Jay,” a boy dressed in leather with long dark hair said.

“I'm Cindy,” I said, nervously twisting some of my recently dyed pastel hair between my fingers.

“Let's hit the streets,” Jay said, running down the street.

“Let's go watch a movie. I was thinking maybe action,” Jay said, pulling me from the memory.

“I was thinking maybe a rom-com,” I said. We walked hand in hand down the extra wide hallways towards the living room.

“What about Grease?” He asked.

“I love it,” I said. We walked through the kitchen, and he grabbed the pizza while I grabbed a bottle of lemonade for myself and a bottle of Pepsi for Jay.

“I still can't get over this room,” Jay said, setting the pizza on the table and putting the Grease DVD in the player below the 60” flat screen.

“I love it,” I said, sitting down on the couch that could've passed for a king sized bed. Jay joined me and we relaxed while we talked and sang along to the songs in the movie.