Chapter 11

I was at the Tourney game with Evie, Mal, and Lani. Evie was screaming, trying to get my brothers attention. I heard from Jay something about Chad making her do his homework, and leading her on. I needed to talk to him about it. Mal looked embarrassed about Evie's behavior. Lani was just screaming for the team in general.

Jay and Carlos were sitting on the bench until the very end. It was tied, but Jay had the assist to Ben to win the game. We all started cheering for the guys.

Ben jumped up onto the shooters platform and started doing a chant, which the cheerleaders helped him with.

“Give me an M!”

“M!”

“Give me an A!”

“A!”

“Give me an L!”

“L!”

“What's that spell?”

“Mal!” I looked over at her and her face was bright red. She was trying hide in her hands.

“I love you Mal,” Ben said before the band started playing a song that the whole tourney team helped Ben sing. I was laughing at how ridiculous they looked.

At one point Ben took his uniform shirt off and threw it at Mal. She caught it and started laughing out of embarrassment. I thought it was kind of cute. He crowd surfed his way up to Mal.

“Mal,” Ben said. “Will you be my date to coronation?”

“Yes,” she said, shyly.

“She said yes,” he yelled into the microphone. He leaned into kiss her, but she shied away. He just hugged her instead.

“Chad's my boyfriend now,” Audrey said, stealing the microphone. “I don't need your pity date.”

I rolled my eyes at her, and saw Evie's face slacken. I leaned over to her and whispered, “you're too good for him.”

“Are you sure?” She asked.

“100%,” I said. Everyone started to leave, climbing down the bleachers as Jay made his way up them.

“Hey,” I said as everyone else left.

“Wanna go to coronation with me?” He asked.

“I'd love to Jay,” I said. “I have to be right up in the front though, so you'll have to sit in the front with me.”

“That's awesome,” he said. “Wanna hang out?”

“I think your team's looking for you,” I said, motioning to the guys who were all staring at us.

“I'll see you around,” he said.

“You know where to find me,” I said, kissing his cheek before he walked off.

“Eeee,” Evie squealed. “You and Jay are so cute Ciara.”

“Thanks,” I said, walking back to our dorms with her. Mal and Ben disappeared somewhere after the game.

“When are you going to ask him out?” She asked.

“I don't think I'm going to,” I said. I knew he would when he was ready.

“What about coronation?” She asked.

“He already asked me to go with him, and I said yes. He's going to have to sit with me in the front instead of with you guys. If I had more pull, I'd get you all seats in the front,” I said.

“Awe, you're so sweet,” she said. “Don't worry about Carlos and I. We're going to be with Doug, so it'll be fine.”