Chapter 41

It's been a few years since the accident that claimed the love of my life. Carlos and Jane broke up a few months after Ciara died, and Carlos moved in with me to help me raise CJ. Cinderella insisted on me keeping the castle to raise CJ in. Cinderella and Charming have been a huge help to me when it comes to raising CJ.

CJ is a bright and bubbly 2 and ½ years old. He has Ciara's bright blue eyes, but my own dark hair. His complexion is somewhere between Ciara's fair skin and my darker skin. He talks nonstop. He reminds more and more of his mother everyday.

Some days are worse than others. I frequently have nightmares about Ciara’s death. Carlos helps. He comforts me, and if my own screams wake CJ, Carlos is quick to put him back to sleep.

My feelings towards Carlos have changed. I've always been openly bisexual, and I'm starting to develop more romantic feelings towards Carlos. He is straight though, so I haven't been able to act on those feelings.

I need to talk to him about it, or it's going to drive me nuts. Cinderella and Charming are taking CJ for the night, so I decided it's now or never.

“Come on CJ,” I yelled as I picked up his bag. He came running down the hallway from where Carlos had been reading to him.

“Dada,” he said as I crouched to pick him up.

“Let's go see Grandma and Grandpa,” I said.

“Yay!” He cheered.

“Carlos, are you riding with us?” I asked.

“Sure,” he said. We all got into the SUV I drive and headed off to the Charming’s castle.

“Listen to Grandma and Grandpa. I'll be back tomorrow to pick you up,” I said hugging my son. “I love you bud.”

“Bye Dada, love you too,” he said before running off with Chad's son, who's about 6 months younger than him.

“Thank you, again, for everything,” I said to Cinderella.

“It's my pleasure,” she said. “I'll see you tomorrow.”

“See ya,” I said before heading back to the car.

“So what're we doing tonight?” Carlos asked as we walked into the castle we lived in.

“Well, there's something we need to talk about,” I said, turning to face him.

“What?” He asked.

“Carlos, for a while now I've had these feeling, and I can't deny them anymore,” I said. “I like you a lot. Like as in I want to date you and call you my boyfriend and kiss you and stuff.”

“Jesus, Jay,” he said, running up to me and wrapping his arms around me. “It took you long enough.” He tangled his fingers in my hair and tugged at it a little bit before planting his lips on mine.