-Miss Home?--[Kageyama Tobio]-

-neko readerchan bc we need it in our lives

--

"Kageyama~" I whine, still laying on the same spot from before.

"I swear to god, if you don't get your ass right here right now, I will change-"

"I'm sorry! Please don't change the colours, please!" I yelp, jumping out of my seat and I ran towards the kitchen, sitting by the table.

I wait patiently for him to serve my food and when the  plate is put in front of me, I obediently look up at him with pupp- I mean, kitten eyes.

"Yes, You can start eating your dinner." He chuckles upon seeing my look.

I giggle, nodding as I start eating his homemade rice and steak.

"Tobio~" I moan as soon as I put a fork of food in my mouth. He raises his eyebrow, sitting down beside me as he looks at me.

"This is so good!" I say, my mouth still full as I munch on it quickly.

"Don't speak with food in your mouth." He scolds lightly, eating his own food.

I pout but listen to him anyways.

I have lived with Kageyama ever since he found me sneaking inside his parents house, 5 years ago. Now, he's 22, I'm 25 (in human years) and he took me in with him once he'd found an apartment to stay in during university.

Of course, I didn't know how to shift back then so I simply clung to him until he sighed and told his parents he'd take me with him. Happily, I strutted to his car and just waited while he loaded his bags. I remember that day like as if it were yesterday but it was actually 4 years ago.

And it was also around that time that he found me, in his bathroom, taking a shower on his huge ass tub, with small (h/c) cat ears on the top of my head and a tail, a darker shade of (h/c). Took us a week to start acting normal again, for him to get used to my human form and for me to try to be more comfortable around him whilst in my human form. Nevertheless, we figured it out and now everything's back to normal, of course.

But, it wasn't always rainbows and cherries, I mean, it was... until I developed a crush on him.

Just, everything about him brings red to my cheeks and heat to my neck, forming twirls and twists on my stomach. Especially when he's extra nice than usual. Especially then.

"(Y/n)?" His soft voice draws me out of my train of thoughts. "You're not eating your favourite dish, What's the matter?"

I blushed when I noticed that he wasn't  even 5 centimeters apart from her and was touching her forehead casually. "You're all red but you don't seem to have a fever." Then he paused and blink. "Do cats have fevers?"

I try to ignore my blush and force our a giggle. "Yes, Tobio, we do have fevers but fortunately, I don't have one right now."

He leans back then, rubbing his neck and smiles sheepishly. "Sorry 'bout that."

"It's okay, I'm done, Can I?" I say with a small chuckle, pointing at my empty dish as I tried my bloody best to try and run from this awkward situation.

He frowns slightly but nods, going back to his food. I sigh in relief, hopping that he hadn't heard her and she makes an escape for the kitchen.

She quickly grabs her plate and cup, smiling at him and she puts the dishes on the sink, leaning against the counter as she tried to calm herself down.

He was so close to me. He was litera-

"(Y/n), are you listening?" Kageyama leaned closer to my face. "Did you hear what I said?"

I leaned back and shook my head, not trusting my voice.

"I asked if you could move, please?" He smiled, amusement written on his lips as he did so, holding up his empty plate.

"Shit, right, sorry,  of course, yeah," I mumble, trying to move away as fast as possible.

He put the plate and cup down quickly and before I knew it, his hand had grabbed my forearm. I spin around from the force and end up hitting his chest with my face, wincing slightly when my nose collapsed with his chest.

"Tobio, what-"

"Tell me what's wrong." He demands, his eyes narrowing on me as he does so.

"It's nothing," I says quietly, avoiding his eyes.

"If you don't tell me, I swear to god I'll change the colour of your favourite-"

"No, please, I like my toy the way it is." I whine.

It might be a stupid reason but, this toy he keep mentioning is the only thing that I have of my parents before I got lost and never found them again. Since my parents were older, they could shape shift as easily as they want, even keep their ears and tails covered but before they could teach me how to do it, I had gotten myself lost by simply wondering around the beach for too long.

Ever since, it was just her until she found the Kageyama's.

"Then you're going to tell me what's wrong." He said again, holding my waist this time.

"I just," I swallowed, trying to come up with something fast. "I miss home, sometimes." I try, looking towards the floor.

His hands fall from my waist and he sighs. Suddenly, his strong arms wrapped themselves around my shoulders and he hugged me to his chest.

"Yeah, I miss home too." He mumbled in my hair and I sighed, relief exiting my body.

"Yeah." I agree, and grip onto his shirt. Kageyama Tobio, I love you- "-So much." I whispered.

I love you so much.

I'm sorry, Tobio.

I can't tell you yet.