-Only A Best Friend--[Oikawa Tooru]-

"Tooru! Your friend is here to see you!" His mum shouts from the entrance hall, throwing a soft smile towards me.

I manage to smile back just in time to see a pale, much tired version of Oikawa, wearing blue sweatpants with a darker hoodie, also covered with two blankets which were placed over his shoulders. He held the ends of the blanket together at his chest, sniffing occasionally as he also wrinkled his nose to make sure the glasses stayed on properly and he smiles at me. "Hey," his voice was hoarse and raspy.

"I am making dinner, kids, I'll call you in a few minutes." Mrs Oikawa grinned at us two. "Leave the door opened, Tooru."

"It's okay, Mrs Oikawa, but I am not staying for dinner-"

"Nonsense, I've already made extra food," she laughed, waving her hand dismissively. "Go do whatever you kids do nowadays."

I opened my mouth to reply but Tooru shot me The look which left no space to argue back so I gave her a simple smile instead and followed the younger Oikawa up the stairs, walking into his room after him.

He closed the door with a soft click and sniffed, coughing with a blanket covered hand in front of his mouth. I give him a disappointed look as I sit on his bed, patting the spot beside me with a small shake to the head and I watch him wobble towards me with a pout, wrapping the blanket over his shoulders tighter.

"I'm sorry." I glance at him, holding back a sigh. "I know I shouldn't have said that and I promise I'm not jealous of you and Iwa-chan, I just felt like shit yesterday," he paused and took a breath. "And you guys were talking to happily, I kind of felt left out..."

"Oh, Tooru," I wrap my arm around his shivering shoulders. "Honey, we're best friends," I ignore the pang in my chest. "I love you just like I love Iwa," another stab to my heart. "And you can tell you anything, we never want you to feel left out. Here, let's lay down for a bit, I'm sure dinner will be ready soon."

We both shifted on the bed, my arms never leaving his shivering body and I laid my back on his pillows, half propped up against his soft headboard with his body positioned between my legs, blanket covered arms squeezing my waist tightly and head resting on top of my chest. I prayed to the Gods above that he wasn't listening to the way my heart was racing and I tried to control my body to stop it from shaking, but, really? It was no use. It's always been like this with Tooru and I don't think it'll ever change.

Suddenly, the boy in my arms let out a giggle and he nuzzled into my chest further, causing my cheeks to flush even more, "what?" I managed to say.

"Your chest is beating way too loud (y/n)-chan~"

I threw a glare his ways and pretended to shove him away. He whined back, wrapping his legs around my thighs and prevented any movements coming from me.

"I am kidding! I'm kidding, please, don't leave me," he sniffed once more and my heart nearly dropped.

I grabbed his face, turning his attention towards me and looked him dead in the eye. His breath hitched and I felt my own trying to stop but forced myself to do otherwise.

"I will never leave you, Tooru."

The silence that followed was, somewhat, nerve-wracking. His eyes never left mine and even though I tried, his look was captivating. So much so, that my brain began imagining every possible scenario that could happen.

A. He could kiss me (but he probably wont).

B. I could kiss him (and lose my best friend? No, thanks!).

C. He could thank me and call me his best friend (which would hurt like fuck).

D. He could tease me for being sappy (very likely to happen).

E. His mum could call us for dinner-

"Thank you, (y/n)," he began and, of course, option C it is, "you're the best friend I've ever had and you'll always be the best of the best friends."

Stab, stab, stab.

Well, wow.

That hurt more than I thought it would.

However, I forced a smile onto my face, and my trembling hands squeezing the fabric around his shoulders to pull him in to a tighter hug in hopes of hiding the tears streaming down my face. "You'll always have me as your best friend."

Hopefully, he hadn't noticed the way my voice shook, because if he did, it was ignored.