hwang minhyun | heartbeat (part 2)

your pov•

i pushed open the door, my eyes filled with tears.

he laid there, motionless. his heart beat on the verge of stopping. his head was wrapped with bandages.

i stared at him in shock and dropped all my things in my hands.

he is like the button in the lift just now.

he will not light up anymore, he might not be able to live anymore.

but the button lit up after i pressed it a few times, and this was when i knew i could bring his live back.

"Minhyun, i missed you." i whispered as my tears rolled down my cheeks.

"don't die on me please, i don't know what happen to you but i have to see you alive again, please." i said.

"you told me that i make your heart beat faster remember? why isn't your heart beating faster? please wake up, i need you. i did not know how i felt for you until i left the hospital. i really like you." i said to myself, hearing the words come out from my mouth without anyone replying made me feel miserable.

"i...i love you." i whispered and i closed my eyes.

"me too."

i opened my eyes and saw Minhyun slowly opening his eyes.

"Minhyun!! omigosh, thank you for waking up, i thought i will never see you again!" i shouted and held his hand in mine.

"i was dreaming of you, in my coma and heard someone nagging..." he said, slowly.

"okay, shhh don't talk. i will get a doctor." i told him and rushed out of the hospital.

i was so happy that tears of joy rolled down my cheeks.

"doctor, Minhyun is awake!" i told the doctor and the doctor rushed to his ward.

"i am glad you woke up. you actually only had 25% of waking up! i feel happy for you for some reason." the doctor chirped.

"when can i get out from here?" asked Minhyun.

"soon, but we will have to keep an eye on you until you are fully recovered." the doctor said and walked out.

i say down on the chair beside the bed and held Minhyun's hands.

"you love me?" he asked.

i was taken aback as that question was random.

"yes, i do." i replied and he smiled a sheepish smile.

"oh gosh, i thought i will never see you again." i told him and gently massaged his temples.

"me too, after that day i confessed, i did not see you again and i felt like my whole world ended." he said as he took my hands.

"but what happened to you?" i asked him.

"oh, after i confessed to you, i ran out of the building to get some fresh air as i felt so nervous and i was not paying attention and was knocked down by a car and i got hit on the head." he explained.