lai guanlin | captains of love

THIS IS FOR guanlins-forever !!
HOPE YOU ENJOY!!

KATHRYN

"i want to make an announcement today!" our principal, Mr Jeon, said.

i looked up from my book and turned to see a pair of eyes watching me.

"what?" i asked the boy.

he just smirked.

"crazy..." i thought.

"our volleyball and basketball team have entered the finals!! if they both win the championship, i will make the next friday a holiday for everyone!" he said and the school cheered.

my face fell, "so pressurising..." i thought to myself.

"hey Kathryn!!" i heard and turned to the boy.

"if our teams win the championship, you have to come on a date with me on that friday!" he said, and laughed.

"yeah..." i said.

˗ˏˋmatch day...ˎˊ˗

i stretched my arms and scan the spectators, and saw a tall boy waving to me.

it was none other than Guanlin.

i waved back, and he gave me a clowny grin.

i tried not to let the side of my mouth turn up but i failed, and a wide grin spread across my face.

i turned back to the court as the whistle blew.

the match started and our team played hard, to win the championship we had our eyes on since last year.

we played till we dropped and our efforts did not go down the drain.

we beat the other team to the score of 34-12!!

i was so happy that i grabbed my teammates into a group hug, and i almost cried too.

we jumped around happily on court and i looked to Guanlin but he wasn't there.

"Kathryn!" someone shouted and i turned around, only to see Guanlin running towards me.

"well done captain!" he said and we fist bumped.

a wide smile spreaded across his face as he asked.

"my match is tomorrow, wanna come and support?" he asked me.

"sorry, i have an outing tomorrow, and it ain't my thing." i said, trying to play hard to get.

"what's ain't your thing? basketball? or me?" he asked and i couldn't answer and blushed.

suddenly, someone grabbed me from behind and my teammates were celebrating again.

"i will consider!" i shouted to him and he gave me a thumbs ups and nodded.

that night, when i went home, i laid on the bed, contemplating whether i should go for Gualin's match tomorrow.