Changes 23

~~~Dinah's POV~~~

Its 7:30 in the morning. We are at the police station getting ready to leave. "Alright! Three of you go in that van and the other three go in that van." Officer Carl told us. We nodded and head to a van. Wana and Mrs Williams with me. We got in the back and two other officers got in the front. "OK ladies. We are going to drive around and ask people if they've seen her." The one in the passenger seat said. After a few minutes of silence Wana spoke. "So... what's your name?" Wana said in a flirty tone to the one in the passenger seat. "Tory. But my friends know me by I'm gay and married to the one driving." He said pushing her hand off his arms. Kawana's face turned red in embarrassment. Mrs Williams and I laughed at her embarrassment. Wana pouted and crossed her arms. "Its not funny." She mumbled. "Your right. Its hilarious as fuck!" Mrs Williams said making me laugh even harder. She glared at us and we tried to stop laughing. "Ok ok. We're done." I said snickering a little.

"Alright were at our first stop. We will go ask people if they seen her and go to our next spot." Tory explained to us. We nodded and followed him out the car. When I got out the car Wana put my hood over my head. I looked at her confused. "Why'd you do that?" I asked her. "Because we are downtown where a lot of people are walking around. A fan could see you then we get mobbed." She said. "Good point." We walked around and asked anyone. "Excuse me? Have you seen this girl?" Wana asked this lady who looked around late forties. Wana showed her a picture of Y/n. "She's has long hair. She has dreads. She's really tall. Almost six feet. She usually wears all black." She described her. "I'm sorry but I haven't seen her. But I'll be sure to keep an eye out." She said kindly. I sighed and played with my hoodie strings nervously. How can nobody have seen her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are back in the car heading to the other location. Nobody saw her. "Oh wait!" Mrs Williams yelled making John, the other officer, swerve. He got back on the right side of the road before anything bad could happen. "Why'd you do that?" He asked. "I just remembered that Y/n loves to go in the woods. She always liked to go exploring in the woods." She said. "And she could be somewhere in there." He said. "I'll make a call." Tory said grabbing the walkie talkie. John turned the car around and headed to where there was a lot of trees. We when we all got to where we needed to be we got out and got into groups. Mrs Williams, Tory and i were together. "Let's start looking." Tory said. We follows him into the woods. "Be careful girls." He said. "So what we need to look for is any sign of her. Like maybe wrappers she dropped or footprints. Listen carefully cause you may hear her." He said.

"Here's a Hershey's wrapper. Do you think she dropped this?" I asked. "No. Y/n can't eat chocolate. She's allergic to it. She eat it she dies." Y/n's grandma said. "Oh." We continued looking around. Until I heard music playing. "Guys. I hear music playing over here." I told them. They stopped what they were doing and listened. "I hear it too." Mrs Williams said. "Let's check it out." Tory said and began making his way towards the sound. There was a waterfall and a small cave. We didn't see anyone but the music got louder. So we checked the cave and we saw her. Y/n was sitting in there nodding her head to the beat. I never heard it before so I think she's making a song. I was about to go in but Mrs Williams stopped us. "Tell them we found her Tory. Let her finish what she's doing. If we interrupt her shell get mad and forget what she was doing." She told us. Tory walked away and pulled out his walkie talkie. While we watched Y/n.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Your POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These lyrics have been stuck in my head all day. It talks about depression, suicide, and others things like that. I want people to know that they aren't along. I've been suicidal before. I tried to commit but my dad stopped me from doing it. Lauren doesn't know about this. Only my dad and mama know about it. I don't even think I'm going to release this song because its to personal to me. I want to but I'm scared that my fans want like it. Its different than all the other songs I have out. My record label might not even let me. I pressed play on my phone and looked at my lyrics I wrote down.

~song is above~

I've been on the low
I been taking my time
I feel like I'm out of my mind
It feel like my life ain't mine
Who can relate?
I've been on the low
I been taking my time
I feel like I'm out of my mind
It feel like my life ain't mine

I don't wanna be alive
I just wanna die today
I just wanna die
I don't wanna be alive
I just wanna die
And let me tell you why

All this other shit I'm talkin' 'bout they think they know it
I've been praying for somebody to save me, no one's heroic
And my life don't even matter
I know it I know it I know I'm hurting deep down but can't show it
I never had a place to call my own
I never had a home
Ain't nobody callin' my phone
Where you been? Where you at? What's on your mind?
They say every life precious but nobody care about mine

I stopped the music and put my head down. That's all I got for now. I don't know what to do anymore. I want to go home but I don't want to because Lauren is there. What she said really hurt me. And to be honest I started getting suicidal thoughts again but I thought of what my dad said. Before he died he told me no matter what anyone says don't let it get in my head. Don't let it make me do things I would regret. And most importantly don't leave mama. He wanted me to the 'man' of the house for him. To protect mama and Kawana from anything. I don't want to let him down. One day I'm going to buy a house and get mama an Kawana's family out the hood. Like he always wanted.

"Y/n." I jumped at the sudden voice and looked towards the entrance of the cave. Mama and Dinah were standing there with a policemen. I jumped up and dusted myself off. "How'd you find me?" I asked. "Your grandmother here told us that you loved going in the woods. So we checked her. By the way I'm Tory." The officer said. He offered his hand for me to shake. I looked at his hand disgusted. "Nigga I will cut your mother fuckin hand off." I threatened him. "Y/n. Be nice." Dinah said. I rolled my eyes but still stopped. "Well can you please follow us so we can get you back home. I'll carry your stuff for you if you like." He offered. I walked over to grab my stuff. His eyes widened at how tall I was. "Your one tall girl." He said with a chuckle. "Your one short guy. If you touch my shit I will end you." I said. He nodded and stepped back. "Y/n will you stop?" Mama asked me disappointed in my behavior. "What? I don't want any of my stuff getting lost." I said innocently. I grabbed my things and put it in my bags. "Let's just go." I said pushing past them.

When we got out the woods I saw two other police cars and the girls standing beside a van. I was surprised to see Lauren was here. Ally and Normani looked at me and there eyes widened. "Y/n!" They both yelled and ran towards me. I ignored them and walked to the van Dinah told me to go to. I ignored the hurt look they were giving me. I threw my stuff in the trunk and sat in the back of the van. I put in my headphones and blasted my music.

A/n~ I'm so sleepy. But I just want to write and write. I love this story so much. Enjoy Rockets and Rockettes🚀 ✌😆✌

~Paradise