33

Jungkook POV

I panted and panted, my body and mind exhausted from torture, my eyes shut tightly as I bit into my lip and tongue. Electricity could still be felt sparking along my trembling body, my fingers tingling with the electric sensation bouncing about on my skin.

"How was that warm up, Jungkook-ah?" Lucifer maliciously cackled as I heard him switch off the electric shocker that he had tortured me with for the past 45 minutes.

Weakly, I tilted my head to the side and opened my heavy eyelids slowly to see my sneering father.

"Just peachy." I shot back, trying to regain at least a tiny bit of confidence.

He just laughed evilly, seeing through my facade as easily as a sheet of transparent plastic.

"Jungkook-ah, stop faking it. I'm your father after all so there's no use denying it. Plus, I made this a rather honest place didn't I? Every demon must tell of their sin before being acknowledged. If they can't, they go to purgatory."

I remained emotionless, not wanting to accept the harsh part of reality. If the world didn't let me and Saeyeon be together, I'll move the universe and make it happen. For her.

I turned back my head to the blinding light in hanging from the ceiling, my heart wishing that the light was from my dear Yeonie reaching out to me, those sweet almond eyes smiling at me, her oval face tilting lightly with her hazel hair bouncing.

By my ear, I heard Lucifer sharpening his knives, each swipe going smoothly like a dreaded shing.

"What now? Already the climax? Tsk. How boring." I jokingly taunted and once again, tried to break free of the leather shackles, my whole body doing it's very best to move. But it couldn't. My muscles refused to move a single nano metre, it was as if they were frozen, unwillingly to move.

My eyes widened fearfully for the infinite time as Lucifer made a mocking laugh, his hands gently placing the knives back on the table.

"Don't mean to dampen your fighting spirit, Jungkook, but you do realise that there is no escape from what is to come. Right?" A soft and creepy whisper playing from the devil's lips.

I grit my teeth hard at the discouragement thrown at me but my spirit didn't dampen, but rather it gave me all the more reason and motivation to get more desperate to get out.

"It won't happen. I'll make sure it won't." I firmly replied and pressed my lips in a hard straight line.

"And how are you so sure you won't just let me in?" I stopped, my lips in a thin line.

"You forget that you're exhausted. Your mind, body, soul and will are down on sugar now, do you really think that you can resist it?"

I shut my eyes, shaking my head, not wanting to hear any of it.

"Tsk tsk, Jungkook. Already forgotten how much you enjoyed being the demon you are supposed to be?"

A nervous breath escaped my mouth.

"You already forget how ecstatic it was with me in control of your body, killing and killing and killing? Shall I remind you of that feeling? That sweet taste of dominance and superiority?"

It sounded as tempting as it was all those years ago that had caused this whole mess. I just used Lucifer as a scapegoat for Eomma's death. I just blamed myself for it all happening.

It was my fault. I'm just too cowardly to say it was all me. Eomma, I am so so so sorry.

Tears welled up in my eyes as thoughts just consumed me and my mind. I clenched my jaws and digs my nails into my palms, biting the inside of my cheek hard.