Chapter 10

Dear Catnip,

Whatever it is you scared them. They know not to mess with you. I know you had to hunt for your family. I understand that you had really no one. But you need to remember I am here for you and your family. I was there for you guys when we got to know each other. I know what you were going through. I had to take care my family too. Then was no one there to help me either... Not until you came into my life. They was someone I could trust and help me.

I bet it was priceless when you come back with your catch. What have you caught? That the thing these men has to get through their heads. You have been doing this for years. You have been out there so young. They need deal with that. You have skill and years behind you.

I am not surprised Katniss that you are the same. I am not surprised that someone has to drag you out to have fun. It is hard to change something that we taught ourselves for years. We taught ourselves that our families go before us. We are second. No matter what. It is so weird that I can put myself first for the first time. So how is Johanna liking District 12? Did her hair came back? Hehehehe! How long has she been there? She must have came when I left. Catnip I bet that Jonanna has to drag you everything. I know that there is nothing right with that girl. Most with what is upstairs. That is good you have friends except me. What is up with her and an ax? I know it has mainly been me and you. It still feels like that sometimes. I bet it will always be me and you against the world Catnip.

It is different here from there. There are some cool places to hang out and just relax. The is this one place where you can get a mean good drink. I like there always with the guys. If I feel like going out. I don't know about that. Tell you about my buddies. They are strange bunch. I still wonder why I hang out with them. But if really want me to tell you. I will maybe tell you in the next letter. If you ask nicely. I know you are curious person.

I am not a workaholic. I have a life outside of work. It is just not the same like in District 12. I do have time to relax. It is just that I am a busy man. I have people to talk to and see. I know it is time for life. You should be talking about Katniss. What do you do everyday? Do you have a life? Or are you a huntaholic? I will try not to work twenty-four hours. But can't promise. But I don't always work twenty-four hours. I don't know. Just there is not a lot. I do meet people everyday Katniss.

Someday Catnip. Someday. But for right now. This is all we have. You want to know what. It is fine with me. All that matters is that I can still hear from you and talk to you in some way. I don't care if it takes us a while to see each other face to face. All I care Katniss is that you are fine and happy.

Care for you always,

Gale