Chapter 50

"Gale won this one. But you both are great hunters I have."

We then headed back to the houses to meet up with everyone. We were going to have a nice dinner as one. Everyone was going to be meeting up at my place. I was going to be cooking with the help from whoever wants to help.

Gale went to take a shower. I already got cleaned up and then headed into the kitchen. I started to cook. I was ready to cook for an army. That is what I have coming tonight. My family that I fought with and for. Because of all of them we have the lives we deserved.

"What smells good?" I heard from the stairs.

Gale came into the kitchen. He looked surprised to see me in the kitchen. I didn't do much of the cooking in the past. But now after what I went throw, I don't see how cooking take me down. I am really good at it too.

"Dinner." I told him.

"You are cooking? Be worried." He said jokingly.

"Hey, I am really good at cooking." I told him. I hit him in his shoulders.

"She is really good at cooking Gale. It surprised me too." Haymitch said coming into the room.

I just ignored them both. I went back doing what I was doing. Time was coming by. Everyone will be coming over soon. I then turned to the people that are already here. I then said,

"If anyone wants to help. Can someone go make sure the table is good and we have enough room?"

"I will." Peeta said leaving in a hurry to help.

"That boy is so lost. I don't think there is any other way to help him except for his heart to break in a million pieces. I wonder if that will even help." Gale said to me across of the counter.

"Really Gale. What about you help the poor sap? Go make yourself useful." I told him.

"Fine. Anything for you Katnip." Gale said leaving the room.

"I am going to regret this. But it's either you or Johanna who goes and watch them. I can't let Johanna do it because I already know the outcome. So, Haymitch go keep an eye on those two for me." I said to Haymitch.

"Why me? You really trust me that much." He asked me.

"No I don't trust you that much. But I know Johanna will probably gang up on Peeta. So, you are the one that will give him a slack to a point. So, go please." I said.

"Fine. Only because you said please." He told me.

*Gale's POV*

I went out the dining room to help Peeta. This is right now the time I get to talk to him alone. But looks like I must think of my plan another away. Haymitch came into the room. Katniss knows me to well.