Chapter 29

I missed having those moments with him. I just felt safer with him than anyone else. When I let go of him when we hugged it felt empty. I just wanted that warmth back. I did not want to leave his side at all but I had family and I belonged in Distract twelve. I crawled into bed and went to sleep with all of those thoughts floating in my head.

The time I spent in District two was amazing. I loved the moments I spent with Gale. I wish I can stay but I have a home and family to go back to.

"Do you really have to go?" Gale asked me looking upset seeing me go.

"Yes. I have to go back to Prim." I told him.

"Maybe, I will come down there and see you guys. Give my family and Prim a hug from me. Tell them I miss them and love them." He told me and gave me a hug.

I smiled at him and said,

"Always. Be safe."

I then walked onto the train and watched the doors close between us. Then I was heading home.

When I got off the train at District twelve the first person I meet was Effie.

"Effie." Is all I could say to her. Then Prim ran up to me and hugged me.

"Katniss, welcome home. How was district two? How is Gale?" Prim asked me.

"Gale is doing well. He wanted me to tell you, 'he misses you and loves you.'" I told her.

"Katniss, we need to talk." Effie said to me.

"Before you say anything. I know why you are here. I am not going on any victor tours." I told her walking away.

"But Katniss..." Effie was saying.

"But nothing Effie. It has be a while since the last victor tour. I don't see any reason for this one. So count me out." I said. I walked back into my house. Peeta was sitting there waiting for me.

"You are back Katniss. Have you seen Effie?" He asked me.

"Yeah. And I am not doing it. Who let you in?" I asked him confused. Prim would never let Peeta in without me there. I don't know why. But she doesn't.

"I did. He wouldn't leave if I didn't." Jonnaha said from the doorway to the living room.

"Should have known. So how was everything here?" I asked her.

"It was fine. Prim was an angel." Jonnaha said.

"That's good. So Effie talked to you guys." I said putting my things to the ground.

"Yeah. But I really don't think it is necessary." Jonnaha said.

"Don't worry. I am not doing it. There is no reason for it." I said.

"I think it is a good idea. We should do it." Peeta said.

"I'm not doing it. Jonnaha not doing it. I am hundred percent sure Haymitch is not doing it either. So you can go alone." I said to him. I was just about to go put my bags in my room until I heard Peeta say,

"Come on Catnip."

I then turned around and dropped my bags. I saw Jonnaha move Prim back and Effie stand then motionless.

"What did you just call me?" I asked.

"What?" He asked me confused.

"Did you just seriously call her Catnip?" Prim asked shocked.

"What is the problem with that?" He asked.

I just stood there. I can't say anything. I didn't know what to say.

"Only one person calls her that. He is the only one who can call her that." Prim told him.

"Who is that?" He asked us.

"Gale." Is the only word that came out of my mouth.

Peeta looked straight at me and said,

"I don't see..."