Chapter 28

"I am happy. It's just different now a days. I have to get used to it." Katniss explained to me.

We sat there in silence for a while. The sky was starting to turn orange and yellow. It was a perfect spot to watch the sunset. Katniss looked up and smiled. She turned to me and said,

"Do you remember when we use to sneak out and watch the sunset together when we were younger?"

"Yeah, our mothers were so scared of us the first time we did it. They thought we were killed or something. They would not let us out of sight for weeks." I said with a laugh.

Those were the good times that I always remember and dream of. Those positive days were the reason I woke up every morning and the fact that I loved my family so much. Katniss smiled at me and snapped her fingers in front of my face. I looked over and smiled at her. She started to laugh at me.

"Hey, how's lala land?" Katniss said laughing.

"Very funny. It's actually great. Have you been at any of the other distracts lately?" I asked her.

"No, not since the very first victor tour after the rebellion." Katniss explained.

I watched Katniss look to the water. She has been distracted all day. I placed a hand on her shoulder and let her lean her head on me. We sat there in silence for a while. It was peaceful here. I think this will be Katniss' and mine spot. I got up and walked over to a tree. Katniss looked at me and I took out my knife and started to carve into it.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"I am making this our spot." I said carving our names into the tree.

Katniss smiled at me and I smiled back. I finished carving our names into the tree and turned to her and said,

"Now both distracts are connected."

Katniss looked at me confused. She did not know what I was talking about. I looked at her with a smile and said,

"We carved our names in a tree in the wood of Distract twelve. Don't you remember that?"

"Oh my gosh, I totally forgot about that." Katniss said.

*Flash Back*

It was a warm summer day and Katniss and I were talking a break from hunting. She was sitting under a tree and I was collecting berries. I looked up and saw her coming toward me.

"Give me your pocket knife." She said with her hand stretched out.

My eye brow rose and I asked,

"Why?"

"Just give me the damn pocket knife will you." Katniss said.

I just took it out of my pocket and handed it to her. She walked back to the tree she was sitting at. She started to carve her name into it. I looked at her and said,

"Are you really doing this?"

"Yes I am. Do you want to do it or not? Unlike you I want to be remember somehow if something ever happen to me and why not a tree. They live the longest." Katniss said.

I took the pocket knife from her and I started to carve my name into the tree. We continued our hunt and went back home.

*End of Flashback*

I smiled to her and gave her a hug. She just wrapped her arms around me and we stayed like that for a while. I did not want to let her go. She fit perfectly into my arms. It was like she was mean to stay in my arms forever.

Katniss let go and looked at me. She smiled and said,

"We should be going. Don't you have work tomorrow?"

I nodded and we walked back to my place. It was a peaceful night to do it. We got back to my place and I watch her go into the guest room.

*Katniss POV*

I walked into the guest room and just stood there for a second. This was a wonderful day with Gale. He was so sweet to me. That was the most perfect place Gale took me to. I felt like I was back at Distract twelve with him in the woods.

I missed having those moments with him. I just felt safer with him than anyone else. When I let go of him when we hugged it felt empty. I just wanted that warmth back. I did not want to leave his side at all but I had family and I belonged in Distract twelve. I crawled into bed and went to sleep with all of those thoughts floating in my head.