Chapter 26

"Well, I think you are jealous!"

"Jealous?" I said back to her.

"Yes, jealous. But know the question is what are you jealous of?" She asked me.

"I don't know." I said. But truly I think I do. I think I am jealous of Lizzy and Gale.

"Come on Katniss. I got to know you. You always have a reason for everything." She told me.

"I think..."

*Gale's POV*

I was with Lizzy. But I had Katniss on my brain. I can't wait to spend the rest of the day with her. So I have to hurry.

"Gale. Earth to Gale." Lizzy said.

"What?" I asked her.

"You were lost in your thoughts. You were thinking of her. Won't you?" She asked me.

"Who?" I asked.

"Oh no one just the girl at your place. The one you talk to me about always." She said.

"Oh shut up." He said.

"You still have all those feelings for her don't you." She asked me.

"Yes. They never left. But I can't do anything about it." I said.

"Why not?" She said.

"Because I am here and she is not here for good. She is going to return to district twelve." I said.

"Haven't you heard of long distance relationship? You are not going to ask her to marry you. You are only going to ask her out." Lizzy said.

"I don't know. We have been friends for like ever. The last time I told her about my feelings she didn't feel the same way." I told her.

"But things can change." She said.

"Just come on. These get this over with." I said.

*Katniss's POV*

"Jo, I hear the door. I will talk to you later." I said.

"Okay, talk to you later." She said.

We have been talking for hours. I never went hunting. I just talked to her the whole time.

"Hey Catnip. I am back." I heard Gale yell when he walked into his place.

"Hey." I said.

"So are you ready for you and me day?" Gale asked me.

"Yes, I do," I said smiling hugely.

"Okay. What do you want to do?" He asked me.

"I don't know. What do suggest?" I asked him.

"Okay. I got something. But I was going to do later. But we can do it now." He said.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"It's a surprised. Just trust me. Don't you?" He asked me.

I looked at him and smiled saying,

"Always."