Chapter 37

Gale,

I love that you have so much hope for me. I still haven't decided what I am going to do. But I am getting more persuaded to do it. It would be great to see some of the others. I just got to get Effie to see my idea. It doesn't matter if I am the Mockingjay or not. But being the Mockingjay does have its perks to it. Hearing that from you makes me so much better. I everyone else tells me I'm a hero and that I did not cause trouble but it does feel like that sometimes. But then I remember everything I been through and what Snow and Coin has done to everyone. We deserve happiness and a future. You are one of my biggest support team Gale. I don't think that. You just never left my side when I needed you. I would never say that I had you wrapped around my finger when we were in District 12. Only try to remember the good ones. I mostly keep the bad one's locked up in the back of my mind. Or sometimes I see them in my nightmares.

I think they can survive. Maybe the Mockingjay has to be persuasive about it. Like you said, 'I get whatever I want.' I could make you coming home possible. If you need any help about it. I will count down the days for that to happen. I miss those moments. You know what I think about it. You should come home more often. Everyone misses you here. If it is up to me, you would be already visiting us by now. I will keep you to your promise now. I have proof by this letter that you admitted that you will come home soon. I agree with you on that. My heart is with you and my family as well. It doesn't matter what district you are in. I consider everyone who fought with me for a better future part of my family. Do you agree with me on that? How do you feel about everyone else? Of course I have dreams about us at our spot like old times. I wake up thinking it was real, but it wasn't and I am here without you. It would be a treat for them to have you teach them a few things that we had to learn ourselves.

You are so sweet and caring. I know that you thought some of those things about me. But I did not know that you thought I was soulful and brave. I only did what I did because I had to survive. It was more fight or flight reaction instead of being brave. I know in your next letter you are going to argue with me on this but I am just speaking my mind Gale. Thinking of you always. Hope to hear from you soon.

Your truest support,

Katnip