Chapter 25

I woke up in two strong arms. I looked up to be wrapped up in Gale's arms. We were still on the couch in his living room. The front door opened and there stood Lizzy. I quickly closed my eyes to pretend that I was asleep. I listened to her come in and walked over to the couch and whisper to Gale,

"Gale, wake up."

Gale woke up and looked around, I felt his arms leave my side. My body felt empty now. I felt the cold air in the room. Gale shock me and said,

"Katniss wake up. It's morning."

I opened my eyes and rubbed them. I looked around and saw Lizzy standing there by the couch. I sat up and looked at Gale confused. He looked at me and said,

"Lizzy works beside me and sometimes when I have a late night I don't always get up the next morning on time. So Lizzy comes and makes sure that I get to work on time. I guess I am a little late today."

"Just a half an hour late Gale. But it's nothing I couldn't token care of." Lizzy said smiling.

"What would I do without you? You are a goddess Lizzy. Thanks for covering my ass again." Gale went over and gave her a hug.

It kind of hurt to see Gale hug another girl. I did not know what this feeling was, but I did not like it. Gale went to his room to get changed and it was just me and Lizzy. The room was quiet for a while and then Lizzy spoke up and said,

"It must be nice seeing Gale again? How long has it been since you two last saw each other?"

"Yeah it is nice. The last time I saw Gale was when I did my last victory tour with the serving's victors of the games and that was a year after the rebellion." I told her.

She just nodded and said,

"District 2 must be different from Distract 12? I know that Gale said that there was a lot of changes to do when he came here. He was a different man back then."

I did not know what to say. But I have notice that Gale is a different man then he was in Distract 12. He still had the look that I could love so much that he does when he is happy. But I have not seen him do his famous smile that all the girls love since I have been here. But he has this new twinkle in his eye that I did not know where it came from. Hopefully when I can have some alone time to talk to him I can ask him all these question.

Gale came out of him room and went to the kitchen. He turned to me and asked,

"Do you want anything to eat?"

"Sure." I said coming to the island and leaning onto it.

"Would you like some scrabble eggs?" He asked taking the eggs out.

I nodded and watched as he started to cook. He got three plates out and started to put the eggs onto the plate. He handed it to Lizzy and me. We ate in silence and Gale got up and turned to me and said,

"I have to go but I will be back later and we can spend the day together doing whatever you want to do."

"Alright, I will just chill here and maybe go hunting for a little bit." I said going back to the living room

I watched as Gale and Lizzy left the apartment. He did not even say goodbye to me. I feel like he does not care about me in that way. I watch as he puts his hand on the back of Lizzy's back and lead her out. They were talking and laughing. I did not know what to say but I felt this pain in my chest. There was only one person I know that I could trust and that was Jonanna. She knew everything since the rebellion. She was the closest thing to having a girl best friend. I grabbed my phone and dialed her number.

"What up? Who is it?" Jonanna said on the other line.

"Jo it's me Katniss. I really need to talk to you." I said to her with a sigh.

"Spill girl on fire."

"I don't know what to do. I have his feeling and I don't know what to do about it." I admitted to her.

"What is this feeling? You don't sound happy about it."

"I just don't know where this feeling is coming from. I have this pain in my chest and I don't know what it is." I admitted to her confused.

"Well, I think you are jealous!"