Chapter 3.

Seolhyun begins to have a gossip session with the girls behind. It hasn't even been a day and already her real colours show. She's popular and mean. She's a mean girl but she's really sweet to me. Her friends aren't very fond of me and have been ignoring me with a passion.

I take out my phone and plug in my earphones, listening to soothing music. The class is full, both boys and girls sitting next to each other catching up on their long holiday. Everybody already seems paired up and at least have friends or one friend. They all know each other well and look like they aren't ready to accept new people. I can see this by the looks they give me.

Some people notice me and are slightly shocked when they see me next to Seolhyun. The unbalance has already started. I'm the new girl and I seem to have been placed in the wrong group and they aren't too happy about it, or maybe they're just confused.

Seolhyun leans towards me and removes my white earphone from my ear. I turn to her and she smiles. I swear her smile already makes me feel out of place. She's so flawless and hooks everybody's attention. I already feel so small.

"You know, usually my boyfriend sits beside me-"

"Yeah so get lost!" the girl behind interrupts Seolhyun.

Seolhyun smiles to herself and faces the girl, "The next time you interrupt me like that, it'll be the last time you speak to me Choa." the girl, Choa, looks taken aback and glances from me to Seolhyun twice before leaning back on her chair.

"As I was saying," Seolhyun smiles at me as she continues. "My boyfriend sits here but since you're new and I like you already—" Choa's mouth gaps down as she listens to Seolhyun. "–You may sit here." She smiles at me.

"Oh," I look down at my seat. "Your boyfriend won't mind?"

She shakes her head. "Now what are you listening to?" She changes topics.

The class immediately cheers when an average height male enters the room.

"That's Mr Xuimin," Seolhyun says. "His cute isn't he?"

I nod and smile embarrassingly to her. "You're not supposed to say things like that,"

She shrugs. "It's better out then in,"

He's not ugly don't get me wrong. He's handsome but he's a teacher and that kind of mind is strictly restricted.

"Good morning class," he greets with a big smile. "I see I have a large class this year," he looks around the room, his eyes linger on mine for a little while. "I'm not gonna waste much of your time so listen up hooligans. Welcome back to your new year in ASH. Yes, your new year. Last year was last year and this year is this year. This is a year of making progress and being the best version of yourself. I'm sure all of you have come back with new talents or skills to contribute to this year," he says and looks at me. "As you can see we also have a couple of new faces this year. Some are from Mr Chen's class, right? and we also have a new student,"

My heart skips a beat when he motions to my seat. I keep my lips tight with a small friendly smile. Feel my kindness, feel my kindness, feel my kindness. I come in peace. I hope my smile assures them that I'm kind.

"Miss Kim Yoona. Welcome to Allbritton Spirit High, hope you enjoy your year here."

"You're in good hands Yoona," Seolhyun says besides me winking.

"Okay regular announcements, fourth period will be assembly and sixth period will be a free period. Besides that welcome back and enjoy the rest of your day," he dismisses us and the bell rings.

We all stand up and bow and head out, my first period is mathematics also Seolhyun.

Our teacher Mr Hyland is definitely not lookable, like you really won't look twice in his direction. However what makes you look twice towards his direction, is his love for the subject. He speaks about math as if it's his first born that we should all admire and adore. Thus, he says not everyone deserves his sons (math) attention- so we have to prove our worth. It's a fun class.

So far I'm racing through the work, it's easy and from the looks of it everyone else seems confident. I can't expect any less knowing the kids here actually work to the point there bodies and most likely brain break.

Seolhyun finishes quickly and hands Mr Hyland her book. He smiles and gives her a calculator and fancy black and pink pen.

She returns and tosses it on the table. "I did these sums with a calculator yet he decides to give me another one. Let's give it to Kookie he looks like he needs two," she snickers.

The Kookie guy behind us looks up and sarcastically laughs. I shake my head making my way to the teacher.

"Ah Yoona." He reads the print of my cover. "You're new. I hope you're enjoying yourself so far." he says marking my book.

He looks up at me and smiles. He puts a silver star next to my work.

"Good work," He hands over my book with a small chocolate and a calculator.

"Did he also give you a chocolate?" I ask Seolhyun when I get back.

"No," Her eyes bulge slightly.

"Oh it's okay you can have it," I offer, she grabs it and examines it.

"KitKat? I didn't even know they still made these," she mocks and earns a glare from Mr Hyland.

"When you're finished and I've checked your work put your heads down and sleep," he says sternly.

As I'm about to put my head down Seolhyun holds my shoulders and shakes her head. "Not us, we're special." I smile at her comment.

By now half the class finished. He only gave the first five students fancy calculators and the rest nothing. I guess I'm the only one who got a chocolate, maybe because I'm new.

The bell rings and everyone hurriedly leaves. I wonder why they are all in a rush, it's not like he'll lock us. Seolhyun and I take our time watching as everyone leaves. Before I grab my bag I spot the Kookie guy's pencil and quickly take it tapping his shoulder before he leaves.

"Hey Kookie, you left your pencil." I stick it out to him. He surprisingly glances at me then to Seolhyun before becoming angry.

"I'm not falling for this trick again," he growls leaving the class.

Well that was something.

__________________

A/n: I know Jimin and them are old but just for book references imagine them as they are now and probably all the same age...lol
I'm trying really hard not to be cliche. I want this book to be so unique. What do you guys think of the characters, Yoona, Seolhyun, Jungkook? Can you relate to them? Let me know

-ladyadmi