Chapter 20.

"The moment you've all been waiting for," Mr Hyland says picking up a pack of papers on his table. "Your results."

Seolhyun sits up and mumbles to herself. I sit quietly on my seat. I wonder what the principle had to say to them. They (Seolhyun and Jungkook) both came late to math class, Mr Hyland didn't even question them. Jungkook looked emotionless while Seolhyun came back as cold as an ice block.

She sat down, gave me one look and focused back on the sums Mr Hyland put up on the board.

"These marks will be printed in bold on your report," Mr Hyland says, catching my attention which had drifted. "Don't forget that these marks determine your future." He sounds lazy as usual, but right now there's some kind of humour to the way he's talking. As if our future makes him laugh.

"Shin, 20. Fail." Is he saying the marks out loud? And here I thought I wouldn't tell anyone my maths mark.. poor Shin though.

"Karin, 76. Pass."

"Miok, 70. Pass."

He keeps reading the names and marks and so far the results are good, I assume majority of the class passed. Well I should have expected that since I'm in a top performing school.

"Donghe, 86. Pass." Wow, that's the highest so far. I hope I did well.

"Seolhyun, 89. Pass." Nevermind this is the highest. She silently cusses and looks down. I guess she's not happy with her mark.

"Seojoon," he stops and scans the class. "Who is this bugger?" He asks. In Mr Hyland's dictionary a bugger is fool who tops all fools and is in line of the fool throne. The Seojoon boy lifts his hand up and Mr Hyland shakes his head disapproving. "Why are you here?" He asks rhetorically. "You shouldn't be in a place like this if you can't even get a mark." He shakes his head and continues reading the list. "Seojoon, they are really no marks to hide, there's literally no marks. 0. Fail."

Speaking of failing I hope Jungkook did well, I've been helping him with his maths. He was really bad at maths but he gradually understood as I explained slowly and did multiple sums with him. It would reflect a lot on me if he does well, of course it also reflects on himself but me the most since I'm the one helping him.

Mr Hyland sighs and carries on, my right leg starts jolting up and down. Why hasn't he said my name yet? Did he mark my script? Did I fail? There's no way I failed. I am a maths genius. Okay, I shouldn't be bragging or thinking highly of myself..

"Jungkook, you've improved, 64. Pass." Mr Hyland smiles. Jungkook taps my shoulder and I look back at him, he throws his ecstatic smile along with a high five him.

"Last one. Yoona,"

No way.

"93. Pass and also the highest." He finishes.

I see Seolhyun grin from the corner of my eye, I turn to her and her expression changes immediately. As if it wasn't there to begin with.

The bell rings for break and just as expected Mr Hyland walks to the door with his key and locks it. He looks back at the class and smiles, "Break is for people outside but you guys are inside, so no break."

I roll my eyes and continue with my work.

"Congrats," I turn to face Seolhyun as she congratulates me. "I guess you have your ways of passing. Sleeping with my boyfriend ain't enough so you resort to sleeping with Mr Hyland."

My eyes enlarge in horror, "I-"

"I'm only joking Yoona," she smirks and stands up. "You'd never sleep with him,"

"Seolhyun I swear I'm not sleeping with Jimin..or anyone for that matter." I state lowly.

She packs away her stuff, in fact she's the only one who's packing away her books as everyone else is seated waiting for Mr Hyland's instructions.

She lightly chuckles. "If I were you, I wouldn't be too worried on past events. Instead I'd watch my back because the future is rough," She gives me one last look, walking to Mr Hyland.

He, surprisingly, opens the door for her and she walks out, not before giving me one last filthy look.

They stab you in the back and then rub your wounds.. Hoseok's words linger in my mind. What have I done now?

Once again my driver called and said he'd be late due to the traffic the rain caused. I climb up the stairs heading for the library. A lot happened in the past 7 hours of school. As I turn by the corner I spot Mrs-- I mean Miss Kim and Mr Kwon, heading out of the staff room. I mentally prepare myself to greet them.

"Afternoon Ma'am and sir."

"Oh Yoona," Miss Kim's eyes lighten when she sees me. "Did you go to Mrs Noyo to get your song?"

"Yes Ma'am I did."

"Good." She smiles once again. "This is the girl I was telling you about," she tells Mr Kwon.

"This is the same young lady I was telling you about, the one who doesn't like rap," Mr Kwon says smirking my way. I feel my cheeks lightly clear of colour.

Miss Kim laughs at her and Mr Kwon's personal joke. "He'll be taking over most of the lessons until The Review." She explains.

Mr Kwon looks me in my eye. Being this close to him I see he's not actually that short, considering I have to look up to him.

"Did you enjoy today's lesson?" He asks.

I stumble on my words being caught off guard, "Yes sir. I mean despite it being about rap it was very interesting."

He smirks again and faces Miss Kim. "We should take our leave now," he says. "See you tomorrow in class young lady,"

"Yes sir, thank you sir." Why did I say thank you? Hmm.. As for 'Young lady' it's cute.

_______________