Kureto x Mute Reader: Unspoken Words

Unspoken Words

YOU stare at the gray sky with the snow under you which is drench with your blood. You open your mouth but nothing came out. You closed your mouth and smiled bitterly to yourself. You couldn't ask for help nor you could shout. Because you are mute.

You couch blood and you winced when your wound sting. You closed your eyes tightly and raised your right arm which is shaking. You put your right hand on your wound and let out a sigh when you felt your own blood. You're eyebrows narrowed together and then on cue... you remembered someone. You're body stiffened and bit your lower lip when you remembered the days when he would treat you like a trash but despite that, you couldn't stop loving him.

You open your eyes and all the tears that you hid for 3 years suddenly came out. All the pain, agony, sadness, longing, anxiety, shame/embarrassment, and guilt... you remembered them all. There was no one who could help you on times when you needed someone to cry on to. You only had yourself... and no one else.

With all your strength left, you turn to your left and gasped in pain when you felt your wound opened up. You closed your eyes and bit your lower lip to prevent from making a single sound. But a sob came out from your mouth when you couldn't take it anymore. Your body is shaking and your consciousness is slowly fading away. And you fell on your back and gasp on pain again.

Your sight suddenly started to get blur and your eyelids is slowly getting heavier everytime you breath. You couldn't feel the cold anymore, you couldn't feel anything. Your body went limp but you wants to move and look for help but your mind says...

"Enough, you've been through too much pain already... it's time for you to take a rest... you need a break (Y/N), from all of this stuff..." 

And so you did follow, without any strength left you slowly closed your eyes and the last thing you saw was red eyes and a thick eyebrows that zigzag up at the ends.

◄◄3 Years Ago►►

YOU were inside the training room alone. Training with all your might and with all you've got. Your hands were on your knees and your breathing was heavy. You were glaring at the floor with your sweats falling from your forehead to the floor. You stood up straight and pick up your weapon and when you stood up you felt dizzy but you quickly found your balance and used your weapon as a crane. You walk towards the robot that is just meters away from you.

You stood straight and you winced when you lift up your weapon to slice the robot in half but someone grab your arm behind you and you quickly look behind, your eyes widened when you saw Kureto behind you.

"Stop training for now, (Y/N). And don't come back until you are fully healed."

He spoke and let go of your arm and walk out of the room. You slowly put down your weapon and look at the white ceiling. You open your mouth and tried to speak but nothing came. You touch your neck and close your eyes as you let the weapon that were on your hands fell on the floor with a loud clink. You lift up your other arm and wrap both of your hands on your neck and slowly tightened your grip until you could barely breath.

But your eyes flew open when someone tackled you to the floor and you gasp in pain when your back hit the floor hard. Your vision turned blurry so you closed your eyes and felt that your hands were on top of your head and someone is keeping them there. 

You slowly open your eyes and your eyes widened again when you saw that it was Kureto on top of you with him glaring down at you. You open your mouth and tried to speak but then you remembered that you were mute so you just closed them again and felt your eyes went to lively into dull.

"What the heck were you doing, (Y/N)? Are you trying to kill yourself?!" 

He shouted at you. You didn't respond and just stare at him blankly. His grip on your wrist tightened but you only formed your lips into thin line and look away.

You heard him cuss under his breath and you look at him.

"Don't make me hurt you, (Y/N)." 

He said with his eyes full of concerned and seriousness. You only stare at him and didn't respond.

"So stop torturing yourself!"

He shouted at you again and you wanted to say "It doesn't matter anyway... I couldn't say the words that I wanted to tell everyone... to you..." but you remembered again that you can't speak. 

"Understood?!" 

He shouted again. And this time you nod while staring back at him. He let out a sigh and stood up. You stood up by yourself and look at Kureto who's back is facing at you. You stared at his back as he dusted himself off.

"Don't forget to take a rest after this."

He said without look at you. He was about to walk away when your body move on its own and the back of his uniform. He stop walking and look at you.

"What is it, (Y/N)?" 

He ask. You open your mouth and tried speaking again but nothing came out. You gritted your teeth and look down. You heard him sigh and he slowly remove your hand from his uniform and faced you.

"Look, (Y/N), you don't have to force yourself to speak. When you can't speak the words that you want to say, do it. I  mean put action on it. That way we can understand you. Understood?"

He said with a small smile on his lips. And this time, your dull eyes were replaced by your lively orbs again. You smiled up to him which caught him off guard. You raised your hand and gently put it above your chest and then you remove your hand from your chest and this time, you put your hand into Kureto's chest (Can you guess?). You smiled up to him and then you remove your hand from his chest and bowed and left the room first with a smile on your lips.

'It's very hard for me to not love you...'

◄◄Present Time►►

YOU heard someone called your name. You slowly open your tired eyes and the first thing you saw was the gray sky. But then you saw his red eyes. A small smile formed on your lips. You wanted to touch his face but your body felt numb.

"(Y/N)!" 

He shouted and for the first time, you saw him crying. Kureto is crying. He rested his forehead to yours and closed his eyes as his tears continued to drop. You gather all the strength that was left on your body and lift up your arm and put your hand on your chest and then slowly, you put your hand on his chest too (Can you guess?), smiling.

He open his eyes and slowly leaned back with his eyes wide. You open your mouth and mouthed the unspoken words that you couldn't say to him but you did show it to him...

I Love You...

And your eyes slowly closed. You heard Kureto keep calling your name but your body went limp with a smile on your face and with tears on your face.